Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys again i posted a while back that i was going to get a nuvola 147 gta...
anyway that fell through.. (travelled 550 mile round trip to go get it as was promised it was pristine... and it was a dog!!!:mad: )
anyway that kind of put me off them... but now i have managed to get rid of my motor and have cash ready... and the 147 gta has creeped back up to the top of the list...
still really want a white one but there arent any low mileage ones that i can find.. any one thinking of selling??

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
anyway that fell through.. (travelled 550 mile round trip to go get it as was promised it was pristine... and it was a dog!!!:mad: )
anyway that kind of put me off them... but now i have managed to get rid of my motor and have cash ready... and the 147 gta has creeped back up to the top of the list...
still really want a white one but there arent any low mileage ones that i can find.. any one thinking of selling??
I personally would be more concerned about the condition that the mileage, we see a lot of GTA’s and often the medium to high milers are nicer than the low unused low mileage cars.

Good luck with your search

Ned

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah fair point, but a low mileage excellent condition one is win win ...
the thing is, the white one i travelled to go and pick up was from a dealer!!! and it was the salesman who said it was pristine... there was cracks on the bumper, bonnet and near side headlight clearly not lined up right (oh and he told me that it had never been in an accident) very large chips across one side in obvious places such as the centre of the door..... also a large crack on wing, quarter panel, didnt have the large brakes that he said it had.... it was up for £13500 as well

oh sorry for the rant but dont anyone deal with simonstone in bristol!!

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
yeah fair point, but a low mileage excellent condition one is win win ...
the thing is, the white one i travelled to go and pick up was from a dealer!!! and it was the salesman who said it was pristine... there was cracks on the bumper, bonnet and near side headlight clearly not lined up right (oh and he told me that it had never been in an accident) very large chips across one side in obvious places such as the centre of the door..... also a large crack on wing, quarter panel, didnt have the large brakes that he said it had.... it was up for £13500 as well

oh sorry for the rant but dont anyone deal with simonstone in bristol!!
What do you expect from a franchise dealer?

The sales guy probably did not know the difference with the 305 or 330 brakes.

You are better looking on here for a well cared for car that has had belts Q2 etc done, but really don’t be too put off by one that has done a few miles

Ned

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
as much as I like the white gta's, paintwork repairs are tricky and expensive.
I agree 100% with that

We have a customer (he appears on here from time to time ) that has a white GTA and he had a scratch on his bonnet he wanted repairing and I told him to leave it but no it had to be done, he ended up have the whole car painted to match the colour.

I would go for black :thumbs:

Ned

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
What do you expect from a franchise dealer?

The sales guy probably did not know the difference with the 305 or 330 brakes.
I am constantly amazed at the utterly cretinous performance of the franchised salespersons in their descriptions of cars and their sales 'speak' when you actually meet them.

Take the occasion when I last visited my local dealer, situated in the arid Alfa Romeo wasteland that is East Angia. I was admiring a shiny new black GT with the JTDm emblem standing proud on the GTs rear rump. Perhaps it was because the 'm' was a nice red colour or perhaps I just played 'devil's advocate' but the salesman collared me and asked in that sarcastic 'can I help you' tone but instantly I retorted and asked him what the 'm' stood for in JTDm. Flumoxed and immediately dribbling words and looking as though a sudden rush to get to the loo was imminent, he stated that it stood for '16 valves..........'.:eek:

Please tell me if they really are trying to sell cars???:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Mine has a few chips but overall in pretty good nick for a 5 yr old car, got it for 9K private with Xenons, 19" Alloys and DVD Installed in roof on 42K

Had to get belts and wishbones done immediately plus plugs and fluids which takes investment up to around 10K to be honest, I think this was cheap at half the price as the colour is just amazing.

What Ned says is corrct though, if you want Bianco Nuvola make sure it's as good as it can be, small chips on bumper from stones will be normal, I got a quote of four grand to give it a cosmetic 'tidy up' closer to six grand for a full respray.

At those prices I hope nobody hits it, it'll be a writeoff :(

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
There is that issue, plus the whole plastic/metal colour difference. Its a small price to pay, IMO...Get so many people asking about it or commenting on it.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
So what about the other 5% ... go on admit it you want on oil burning tractor like me don't you? :D

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree 100% with that

We have a customer (he appears on here from time to time ) that has a white GTA and he had a scratch on his bonnet he wanted repairing and I told him to leave it but no it had to be done, he ended up have the whole car painted to match the colour.

Ned
yeah i do like black there is a 55 plate one on trader site with a lpg conversion.. and also has a brand new engine in it.. which is a worry i mean did the lpd conversion bugger the engine?? though it still has an alfa warranty...

Mine has a few chips but overall in pretty good nick for a 5 yr old car, got it for 9K private with Xenons, 19" Alloys and DVD Installed in roof on 42K

Had to get belts and wishbones done immediately plus plugs and fluids which takes investment up to around 10K to be honest, I think this was cheap at half the price as the colour is just amazing.

What Ned says is corrct though, if you want Bianco Nuvola make sure it's as good as it can be, small chips on bumper from stones will be normal, I got a quote of four grand to give it a cosmetic 'tidy up' closer to six grand for a full respray.

At those prices I hope nobody hits it, it'll be a writeoff :(
so you cant be tempted to sell it yours to me then ;)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
yeah i do like black there is a 55 plate one on trader site with a lpg conversion.. and also has a brand new engine in it.. which is a worry i mean did the lpd conversion bugger the engine?? though it still has an alfa warranty...

so you cant be tempted to sell it yours to me then ;)
I wouldn't touch the LPG car, wonder where they got a 'brand new' engine they stopped making them quite some time ago.

and no mine isn't for sale.... EVER!!!! ;)

Be patient, I was just lucky, I opened autotrader one day and there she was, she's not immaculate but she's better than average and I've restored the paint with various products so when cleaned and waxed looks mint.

I bought her the dayI saw it, after 2 weeks the chap had had over 60 phone calls about the car :lol:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah one of the 60 was me... he was a copper wasnt he??

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
yeah one of the 60 was me... he was a copper wasnt he??
Hah, yep he was, traffic cop too, the test drive was interesting didn't really know what to do about booting it luckily he took me on a couple of national speed limit roads so I could put my foot down.

Good guy and I could tell he was genuinely upset to see her go :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
I agree 100% with that

Ned
ooouuccchhh! Did the car look as good when resprayed? Did they get the colour spot on? As the white gta's came at a premium, owners have passed that premium on when selling. Understandable as they want to get back the bit extra they paid but I would actually consider it a hinderance and I wouldn't pay it. In fact I dont think I'd want to own a white one. Sorry owners of white gta's, I love your cars (really I do!) but I couldn't live with the worry. The constant threat of someone making even a small ding on it in a car park and the associated cost puts me off. But more so, the fact that the repair most likely wont match the rest of the car. I'll stick with my boring red one.
Ned, I had a black 156 gta and while stunning to look at when clean, it was a bugger to keep it that way. But the worst thing was the chip marks. White primer underneath. I could see the chips from yards away. Alfa are great at putting the right colour on cars but making it last or making it stand up to real world driving? nah.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Was the reg L33 gta?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re the new engine thing. I have had a new engine fitted in my GTA a couple of months back. It took a long time to arrive, but defiantly a new alfa engine, fitted by an alfa dealer,

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Are you sure it was new and not just recon? I had it on very good authority from a number of Alfa places (about a year ago) that they don't manufacture them at all - they don't even make the con-rods anymore...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts