Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to the forum having just got my 08 Alfa Spider a couple of weeks ago.

I've searched the threads for Spider hood issues, but can't find any that quite match the problem I'm having.

Before I got the car, I tested the hood a number of times, it opened/closed smoothly with no issues.

After getting the car, one of the first things it needed was a new battery. After changing that, I had some problems getting the windows to close properly but found a way to reset them ok.

This morning I've tried the hood for the first time since I got the car home, and I'm getting the message 'Hood mechanism failure' seconds after pressing the button. The windows go down fractionally, but nothing else happens. Pressing the button up or down has no effect. After leaving it a few minutes, taking the key in and out (I can't remember the exact sequence), eventually pressing the up button closes the windows, and the message 'Hood operation not complete' appears.

I suspect (hope) there might be something I need to do reset something in relation to the battery change.

Has anyone had a similar issue, and if so how did you resolve it?

Many thanks

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
Let the 'roof anxiety'commence...
When you have the roof down, dark clouds are threatening and you get the dash warning message when trying to raise the roof - now that is serious squeaky-bum time.

My only advice is to get used to moving the roof manually.
Hopefully you'll never have to do the whole process manually but at least get to know the procedure.

I'm sure every Spider owner must have seen error messages by now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts