Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hood is unreliable. It usually stops during opening, but continues to open fully if I release then repress the switch. I can live with that. However, closing is completely unreliable. Sometimes the closure is ok. More often it stops with the flap covering the hood storage compartment almost closed, with the rear of the hood vertical. Would probably make a reasonable air brake, or break, if driven like that - and the front of the hood is not locked down. It may then not open either. Sometimes if I let it rest for five or ten minutes, it will then close the rest of the way ok. Yesterday, it didn't, but this morning it's closed ok. The manual closing procedure worked fine, when I tried that. My suspicion is that something's sticking or overheating, but I have no idea what. That would suggest lubricating something or fitting a small fan? Or a sledgehammer, if this continues! Does anyone know a reliable place to get this looked at. My local dealer's tried several times, but with no permanent solution. Thanks for any information you can provide.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts