Alfa Romeo Forum banner

939 Spider roof

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  barnetdennis 
#1 ·
I recently had to close the roof manually after it got stuck half open. now I find that the rear cover release bolt that is accessed from inside the boot has jammed I cannot turn it the quarter turn clockwise to release the cover. I have tried using a socket but it will not turn I Dare not put to much pressure on it in case something breakes. Any ideas what to do next please.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't think you've got much choice other than to get it turned. I've used a fair amount of force with mine over the years and it's been okay, but I have read about others who have had issues. They've never added to their posts to explain how they solved it though.

#3 ·
Thanks for your prompt response. I searched the web for any information on these roofs.I cannot find any really good detailed pictures of the internal workings, it would be good to be able to see the locking mechanism to see how it works.
Do you know are there any access panels behind the seats by removing the trim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.