Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey!

I need to refit 'Disegno Bertone' emblems on my 3.2 GT, but I have no idea about their original positioning. Unfortunately my diesel GT has been repainted and I am fairly sure the badges are not positioned properly, and I want them EXACTLY where they should be on my 3.2.

I can't find anything on forums, so can anyone help me out and measure it?

Cheers!
/Dave

·
Registered
147 Posts
I haven't got a 3.2 and I don't know if the position is different from 1.9 JTDm, I send you a pic of the side of my GT. Maybe it can be helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey!

I need to refit 'Disegno Bertone' emblems on my 3.2 GT, but I have no idea about their original positioning. Unfortunately my diesel GT has been repainted and I am fairly sure the badges are not positioned properly, and I want them EXACTLY where they should be on my 3.2.

I can't find anything on forums, so can anyone help me out and measure it?

Cheers!
/Dave
Someone asked this a while back so I measured mine up back then, mine's a JTS but I expect all variants have this badge placed identically - here's my answer from then:

"Starting from the top of the jacking point indicator (the little triangle embossed into the rear sill) measure 350 mm. That gives the height for the line for the top of the badge (maybe put some masking tape to mark the line).

If you extend that line parallel to the line of the sill (this ISN'T parallel to the body contour that extends through the door handle to the rear of the car) and measure 98mm from the point where that line meets the door opening you will have the point for the front (nearest the door) edge of the badge.

As a double check the badge sits with its front edge about 10mm forward of the perpendicular to the jacking point indicator. And it is parallel with the sill; not the line in the body moulding."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts