Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

My first post in the Detailing lounge on here so hello to you all. I have an Alfa 916 Spider and a few weeks ago, we had an external rendered wall re-painted with masonry paint. I guess as the paint was drying a bit of wind was about on that day, and with the car not being parked too far away, there are tiny splashes of magnolia paint all over one side of the car. Hardly visible, ironically so mainly when the car is washed...!

Anyway, they do come off with a lot of hard wiping with the sponge etc but it takes a lot of effort for each tiny bit and I reckon it would take around four hours for me to go over the whole of one side of the car - not really an option as I get home at 8p.m. and at the moment have an awful lot going on with a house renovation!

Is there any product someone could recommend to me to help with this? I thought about maybe tar remover products or a clay bar??

Look forward to some suggestions :)
Cheers, Cluffy

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blimey!! Thanks for the quick response guys!! I'll get one over the weekend and give it a go :thumbs:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Clay could be very useful but a lot will depend on the quantity of paint on the car. The risk with clay is it will quickly become overloaded so extra care would be required. Autosmart say their Colour Off could remove masonry paint and maybe Autoglym's graffiti remover might be worth some consideration.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The mitts are great but quite aggressive and in turn can put swirls back in if you're not careful with it.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Also Halfords are three for two on all cleaning products at the moment so this becomes a bargain if you buy three !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts