Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all.

I have inherited a Alfa Spider from my father last year.

Unfortunately the central bolt of the electric motor that locks the hood has snapped.

I am living in Pretoria, South Africa and find it difficult to be helped regarding this part.:confused:

Attached is a few pictures of the bolt and motor.

I will appreciate if someone can help me regarding this issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I've had two go on me :(

This is caused by the motor slamming the bar onto the stop, rather than disengaging - there are two threads on this, the 1st proposed to make an adjustment to make the mechanism stiffer, the 2nd post suggests replacing a microswitch

But to answer you...

Two Choices:
1) Buy 2nd hand motor from someone breaking a car - expect to pay up to £100
2) Get a local engineering firm to weld the part back together - lasted about 18 months, I did not follow the advice of the two posts mentioned above

Rich ;)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi Loewa, try AK Classics, they may have a part or be able to order one for you. Speak to Kevin or Trevor. They are up your way.

I would simply weld the assembly together. If welded correctly, and annealed afterwards, it should be good to go.

Cheers

·
Registered
942 Posts
I can third the opinion - find a local guy who can weld it back together. I paid a fiver for a chap to sort mine for me :) Once you get it back just file any excess weld until it goes back together...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts