Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post here.

Previously owned an old 145, loved it and now want to get back into Alfa ownership.

Found a very clean Spider 2004 Series 3, very straight, HPI checks all good with service history.

One issue.

No brown master key, and no code card, no remote fobs either.

Just 2 red keys. Work perfectly, but a little anxious about whether this is a risk or not

So the question is, should I be worried, or proceed and just get a fresh lock set done with immobilisor.

Also any advice on likely cost and UK providers?

Appreciate some advice as heart is ruling head at the moment.

Neil

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Brown key is only used to program new keys. But if you need one get one of your red keys cloned at timpsons or other key cutting places!

Remote door opening is part of alarm you can new meta alarm with new fobs at abacus alarms (google search)

Rich

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Just for further confirmation as above. I have two keys and neither is brown.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just get your red key cloned by timsons if you want another key. You don't need the brown key or code card
I got a copy key made as I only had the red key, no brown card. I then lost red key but was still able to get a copy of the copy (if you follow..)
No issues. Note I don't have an alarm.

·
Registered
247 Posts
you know when you didn't even realise that something could be a problem...

I only have two red keys, no brown key, no card, and no remote fobs. I do have two fobs for an aftermarket alarm that I am too scared to press in case they do something weird and immobilise the car or something.

Plus I have two (possibly three) LEDs that don't do anything that may (or may not) be part of an alarm system.

Hopefully no-one is going to nick a dented P reg with 188k on the clock...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the same issue, just two red keys with no buttons on the keys. I went to remove the alarm to send to Abacus but found it (and the siren) were missing. Abacus provided a replacement alarm and siren and now the remote central locking works off the alarm fob (as does the boot release).

·
Registered
247 Posts
is it possible to buy a working remote key and get it mapped to car? While unlocking the doors isn't that much of a chore, having to use the key to open the boot can be a pain sometimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts