Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a new thread as no one has replied on an old thread I posted on. Thinking of changing steering wheel I love sporty steering wheels i.e. sparco, omp and momo etc, I know by fitting an aftermarket steering wheel it will make the airbag system in operable but I barely drive the car its only used as a weekend toy taking it to car shows through year and I might even do track days 1 or twice a year.

Reading old threads it appears people are saying alfa romeo 33 and alfa 147 boss kits fit but am unsure what exact part number to get don't wanna spend £40-60 to find its wrong.

Tia :driving:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know mate think It would make it feel more sportier. Hope someone replys with an answer. :wink_org:

I got my original steering wheel refurbed by royalsteeringwheels.com. They thickened the rim and flattened the bottom as part of the process. A much better feel whist driving. I chose a leather finish but they will do all sorts of options including Alcantara. Brilliant service and amazing quality. View attachment 863322

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a pic in my gallery. I am sure it was Alfa 33 yeah, fits very well with plastic cowling neatly around boss. I went for a 90s period Momo Course wheel.

Controversy with regards to removing airbag... I have read you should have harnesses if no airbag, but then shouldn't really run harnesses without fixed bucket seat. So yeah a gamble.

However I don't fit in the GTV with the big yellow bus steering wheel the Italians squeeze under. For me it was a requirement and the ascetics were just a bonus, my knees still sit under indicators though!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a pic in my gallery. I am sure it was Alfa 33 yeah, fits very well with plastic cowling neatly around boss. I went for a 90s period Momo Course wheel.

Controversy with regards to removing airbag... I have read you should have harnesses if no airbag, but then shouldn't really run harnesses without fixed bucket seat. So yeah a gamble.

However I don't fit in the GTV with the big yellow bus steering wheel the Italians squeeze under. For me it was a requirement and the ascetics were just a bonus, my knees still sit under indicators though!

Hi, looks great, do you know which boss kit fits the wheel?

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
You could go for an OMP boss from YB racing - often discount codes floating about on the clubs. Or use the part code on eBay etc...

Their fitment is listed for: ALFA ROMEO GTV / SPIDER 94 / ALFA ROMEO 145 / 146 94 / LANCIA DELTA (NEW) 93 - LANCIA DEDRA TURBO 89 / ALFA ROMEO 155 ALL 94 / Fiat TEMPRA 90 / Fiat TIPO 88-

·
Registered
52 Posts
You could go for an OMP boss from YB racing - often discount codes floating about on the clubs. Or use the part code on eBay etc...

Their fitment is listed for: ALFA ROMEO GTV / SPIDER 94 / ALFA ROMEO 145 / 146 94 / LANCIA DELTA (NEW) 93 - LANCIA DEDRA TURBO 89 / ALFA ROMEO 155 ALL 94 / Fiat TEMPRA 90 / Fiat TIPO 88-
Great thanks, yes had a look and found a kit I think. Bought the steering wheel today and also found the horn button.

Can I ask what you didn't with the airbag connectors? Do they need bocking off or taking up etc and did you have any issues with the airbag light staying on?

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts