Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just having a browse on Auto trader checking how well our investments are appreciating and quite surprised to see how many 4Cs are currently for sale , 50 compared to only 19 GTVs and 17 Spiders !

:thumbup:Must mean that we love our cars more and don't want to part with them .

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Could be.
However 4C's are relatively expensive and a niche market. My experience suggests owners only keep them a short time and then move them on.
Probably not totally realistic. difference is I would guess the 4C possibly sells easily?

I agree though. best VFM car I have ever owned (missus owns it now though :D).

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Your right different type of owner.

Not sure sure if I could ever afford or justify that kind of expense, I worry about where I park my car at the moment so a 4C I would be nervous wreck parking on a public car park.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I thought the same when I looked the other day.
Probably no different from 916 owners 15 years ago.
They were expensive for what they were back in the day.
I'll be 60+ by then!!!!!! :-(

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Numbers on autotrader are well down now over the last 5 years, they are well into the period when the majority are end of life and being scrapped so prices are probably hardening for the best. Still plenty around though.

The 916 was expensive new, I remember when I bought a used S reg in 2001 I paid about £13,000 and they listed about £22,000 for the twinspark or £28,000 for the V6 at the time, I think that is about £30,000 - £40,000 in todays money so not a cheap car by any means.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Numbers on autotrader are well down now over the last 5 years, they are well into the period when the majority are end of life and being scrapped so prices are probably hardening for the best. Still plenty around though.

The 916 was expensive new, I remember when I bought a used S reg in 2001 I paid about £13,000 and they listed about £22,000 for the twinspark or £28,000 for the V6 at the time, I think that is about £30,000 - £40,000 in todays money so not a cheap car by any means.
By Far...Best Value for what you get..
I am So Impressed with the 916
It is my favorite car!

I waiting for the weather to warm up in may so I can go for a nice drive.
It's such an incredible machine that gives the right sensations.
People who have them will want to hang onto them

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Good estimate.

I paid £21,351 for mine in 1997 and according to the Bank of England inflation calculator, that's £35,052 in 2015 money.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Blimey you could buy 2 new MX5s for £35. Surely you couldn't buy 2 in 1997.
I don't know, but I seem to recall that the Hyundai Coupe was about £14,000 in 1997. I did look at one of those briefly together with a Ford Probe ( :biglaugh: ) and Rover 200 ( Tomcat ) purely for comparative purposes; NEVER as serious alternatives to the GTV!

I think that £28K for the V6 was also for the Tourismo version. The Lusso was over £2k more with another £1K for Momo.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So in a few years say 15 I should be able to buy a 4c and my GTV will worth more , love the inflation figure , our cars are a steel. Pkr I looked at the same cars so glad I went for the Alfa .

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just goes to show how all car makers dealers were makeing a fortune in the 80s and 90s.I thinks margins these days are a lot smaller for new cars

1 - 13 of 13 Posts