Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It CAN be done. Have just done it today. Pardon the crappy mobile phone pics, but gives an idea of how it will fare. Will post a photographic how to in due course one it is all finalised.
See images below. This also means I'll have series3 Sprint seats up for grabs if you know anyone that needs them. The grey/white check pattern ones with the wee leather elbow patches..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice work Stesco! :D

Looking forward to seeing how you did it.
As I say I haven't finalised everything yet, however in short I made 2 simple-u- shaped brackets which are bolted at the moment on to the rear bulkhead. These will be welded into place at a later date slightly higher up than they currently are. About 8mm or so above the straight groove on the rear bulkhead should be spot on. In turn I drilled through the floor to put on the bottom backrest securing bolts. These too will be welded into place at teh final stages. The bottom squab is a bit trickier however the brackets just need to be bent forward a cm or so, and I have drilled through to bolt into place. I will need to weld in a captive nut to finalise this. Pretty straightforward actually.

would it be too much to ask that they tilt too......
Ermmmmm . . . . . . .. .Yes.:p

Next few weeks get the religious floors sorted. Then plan it's respray -am toying with Proteo red or maybe 8C red if it's available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts