Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it! After too many years of reading the forum, deliberating and then missing out on some good cars (Spider and GTV) I traded the Audi on a 1999 GTV. Why the heck did I wait so long??? I’ve done a 1000kms in it in the 5 days of ownership. Delighted with seat comfort, performance, handling and fuel economy. Love the styling and silver with red seats. I decided to establish a baseline so had cambelt, waterpump, (camlocks used) , spark plugs and all fluids replaced.
Cosmetically it’s a work in progress, but with retirement looming I plan to have the time and spend more time on the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I finally did it! After too many years of reading the forum, deliberating and then missing out on some good cars (Spider and GTV) I traded the Audi on a 1999 GTV. Why the heck did I wait so long??? I’ve done a 1000kms in it in the 5 days of ownership. Delighted with seat comfort, performance, handling and fuel economy. Love the styling and silver with red seats. I decided to establish a baseline so had cambelt, waterpump, (camlocks used) , spark plugs and all fluids replaced.
Cosmetically it’s a work in progress, but with retirement looming I plan to have the time and spend more time on the forum!
I managed to locate in Greece the RH oil cooler scoop grill. In noticed oil cooler pipes leaking (like many others on the forum). Long story short, Nathan from Autolusso sent me their oil cooler kit. My man fitted it and all is good. Great service from Autolusso - just 3 days from UK to New Zealand, but NZ Customs held it for 7 more days!
Next (known) job is the sunroof which closes on the button , but has to be released manually using the key thingy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts