Alfa Romeo Forum banner

916 group

Tags
group
13K views 85 replies 11 participants last post by  goremohekan 
G
#1 ·
G'day all

Is there anybody in the Kent and Sussex area who would be interested in putting together a GTV 916 group for meets, drives and days out - preferably big bold owners who will take their pride and joy out despite the possible threat of "rain!!" - Scuderia 916 anyone!!

Thanks

Phil:driving:

G
#4 ·
Thats Good:driving:, hopefully more GTV owners will come forward. I don't mind doing the organisation - understand the downpour issues with a spider. Nice to hear from you Mr Flanners :thumbup: Lets see how many more people put their names forward, I hope Nigul does - The more the merrier.

Be in touch soon.

Phil:rotate:

#5 ·
We done a nice run last summer so up for a couple. Doing the drive to Spring Alfa day this Sunday. Anyone else going.

Reactions: libidy
#9 ·
Hi to you it’s actually Pierre , I am in Larkfield, Kent. Registered as Philcrazy as site would not take my email address and set up with my sons! Philip is also my middl name. Worth broadening out to V6s and and 916 and will probably get a few more people out.

I have now fitted Cams however need a remap soon as idle is a bit lumpy and is running a bit rich. :beard: up for some drives this year where I can fit in around other organised trips.

G
#26 ·
Hi sorry for the delay in replying

No worries on you bringing your car: - Just trying to get 916 owners interested in sharing their love for the marque (like squadra916 members)

Looks like you are all putting runs together now, I'll come up with a southern run soon.

P

#15 ·
We always went on the runs Paul used to organise down in Kent, before his back problems and selling his V6 GTV, which he sold to another guy in Kent I think. Normally around 6-10 cars used to come and finshed the run in Tenterdem for a pub lunch at the Vine Inn. He knew Kent well, we used to take in the Camber sands road and the tunnel near Dover. Great for the V6 guys:) He used to have some for just the 916's and others were for any Alfa.
So would be interested.

#16 ·
Yes I have Paul’s car although I have done quite a bit to it since buying (I think he would be impressed) So interested in bringing it out out for any Kent/Sussex runs early Sunday mornings.

We need an organiser who can map out a route etc.

#20 · (Edited)
I just worked out an East Kent route.
The roads I am very familiar with.
Start at Chilham Car Park (this is down the hill from the old Square), then to Charing and Lenham and back, then on to Chartham, Bridge, across Adisham downs to Wingham and then across Minster marshes via Stourmouth and Plucks Gutter to Monkton.
We could finish at the Spitfire Museum where there is a cafe, and also from there easy access to the Thanet Way and M2 for those going back west.
The Museum opens at 10am

The fastest roads are at the beginning of the route, the second half are more twistie and not as quick, but a nice country route.

I can lead this on 27th May, which is a bank holiday weekend Sunday...or can do Saturday 26th May
If that is no good then I can also do Saturday/Sunday 2nd/3rd June.

The route comes out at 1hr 30mins for 50 miles. I think if we are lucky with traffic then it will be just over an hour drive.

So if we met at 0815 for 0830 start from Chilham, we would get to Manston in time for the cafe to open about 10am.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/C...5fb0!2m2!1d1.3498062!2d51.3502594!3e0!5m1!1e1

To get to the above link, highlight, then right click, copy link address, new tab, paste and go.

Please note: there are no fuel stops on route until Monkton Shell, so at start with at least half a tank for V6es to enjoy the sonic range!

#21 ·
The Sunday 27th May is Masters Historic racing at Brands Hatch so possibly small clash.
26th could be better.

#27 ·
Sure did add a Q2 and an alphaholics ARB handling kit, larger front brakes, changed suspension to KW variant 2 coilovers,(opportunity knocked) upgraded interior to original electric seats slightly more comfy seem to have more support you sit in rather than on.

Some other bits and bobs.

#30 ·
Wish I had checked the forums earlier! Picked up my first GTV yesterday, I am based in Sittingborne and would love any chance to meet other 916 drivers for advice, tips and to share the love of this beautiful car!

Will be looking out for any meets that I am able to attend!:smile:

#48 ·
Meeting back at Chilham car park 9.15is dave

#50 ·
Dave we are now at Manston 10.35 Spitfire Cafe

#53 ·
Sorry about that Flanners...my bad.. hopefully I'll be more careful next time I lead a run.

I think with the amount of traffic out we realised that Sunday early is better than Saturdays.

Maybe someone could put an East Sussex run together?

I can make Sunday 10th or 24th June early starts.

Second this! [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#56 ·
Hi,We had hoped to be on that run, but my son's other half gave birth to a son, so we had to go and look at him etc.
The weather looked great, very hot here.
Hope everyone had a good run. I wanted to come as I haven't been to that area for many years.
I looked at the planned route that you posted and it looked good. Never been to the Spitfire cafe, looked good on Google street view.
We are off to Kaprun, in Austria soon for a run over the Alps into Italy and Switzerland. Hope the weather is kind to us for that.
Be nice to go out again when we get back. Will keep an eye out for any planned runs, routes etc.
We will put together another run too when we get back.

#65 ·
If I can work out a decent route this Sunday, then I can lead a run on 24th June...
Up for an E Sussex drive, I have a few roads and routes in mind, T Wells up through Ashdown Forest wind our way down to the coast, Birling Gap and on towards Pevensey...Bexhill, Hastings, Fairlight, Winchelsea, Rye to Camber, Dungeness?:thumbu p: if we all have access to comms and early morning should be do-able.
Is anything being planned for Sunday?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.