Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi come across another 916 spider with an electric. Hood , that has a problem.The rear part of the hood comes up bit the tonue cover doesnt go come up .And it doesnt go any further

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi, I had a similar issue with my hood not opening, last year. The tapping did work for a while but I just bit the bullet and had a new motor fitted this weekend. Hopefully I'll have a summer free of using a mallet. The new motor is on ebay at the moment for around £250. My mechanic said the part was slightly different from the original but they got around that. I have a 1999 TS. If you can afford it, it's probably the way to go. :thumbup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi, I had a similar issue with my hood not opening, last year. The tapping did work for a while but I just bit the bullet and had a new motor fitted this weekend. Hopefully I'll have a summer free of using a mallet. The new motor is on ebay at the moment for around £250. My mechanic said the part was slightly different from the original but they got around that. I have a 1999 TS. If you can afford it, it's probably the way to go. :thumbup:
If the temp remedy with the hammer works it is most probaly the center motors cog wheel that is split or broken. That cog wheel is available in the UK for about 75 £ ...........butt that is for the cover not for the roof mechanism itself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts