Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Bit of a prob with temperature.
When the engine has properly warmed up my temp guage shows 120C but the muliecuscan shows 90C. the engine does not seem to be overly hot. Do you think it is just a faulty guage or a sender. I would have thought that if the sender was faulty the OBD would send a faulty temperature reading to multiecuscan.
Any opinions would be much appreciated.
Regards
Any help

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Sometimes single temperature sensors are in fact two in parallel, one sends a a signal to the ecu and the other to the gauge. So therefore a change of temperature sensor will solve the discrepancy. Easier to change than the gauge!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Do you mean on the car or to buy? To both the answer is yes.

Have a look at this as it would appear there are two separate sensors if yours is the same as shown.
If so detaching each in turn ought to indicate which you need to change. I don't know if that will throw an engine management code though.
Try somewhere such as Shop4Parts, Alfaworkshop and Alfa Shop to get one.

However this link shows one of the sensors as having three connections so perhaps a dual sensor.

This one shows how many different ones there are!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you mean on the car or to buy? To both the answer is yes.

Have a look at this as it would appear there are two separate sensors if yours is the same as shown.
If so detaching each in turn ought to indicate which you need to change. I don't know if that will throw an engine management code though.
Try somewhere such as Shop4Parts, Alfaworkshop and Alfa Shop to get one.

However this link shows one of the sensors as having three connections so perhaps a dual sensor.

This one shows how many different ones there are!

Lentalott: can I have your VIN?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've got a similar problem to the OP - mine now goes from cold to "max" within a few seconds now. its a 12V V6 as well.

Originally It used to over-read for a year or two, which was worrying for me, so ended up getting a local Indy to investigate. It doesn't overheat - the fans kick in as expected - but it is simply a faulty sender.

If i could piggy back the same request for a part number? my chassis is ZAR91600006005453. Thanks

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Put your VIN into this and it should display the information you require:-

This what I found that way:-

There are two sensor, 6 and 33. Part numbers are listed.

·
Registered
668 Posts
thanks for this - i have ordered the replacement. It looks like it needs a small amount of surrounding area clearing to get access to remove the sensor, but hopefully not too complicated.
Fingers crossed it works!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That should help the op. (y)
The blue one (6) partnr.5972332 is for ECU, the other (33) partnr.60605959 is for dash.indicator temperature and overheating
Thanks for your help armoore and WallyZ. Thats great.
I'm just about to order the recommended part. I'll peer into the compicated front bit of the car tomorrow and see if I can recognize anything!
Cheers all

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi
The sender that seems to be for my temp guage has 2 male spade connectors. When I disconnect them the temp guage goes off, so I think it is the one.
The parts lists don't show this. Mine is a 916 V6 12v not 24v. All part cats seem to be for the 24v.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Use the link I posted earlier, put your VIN into that or let WallyZ have it as he as requested (twice).
Hi
The sender that seems to be for my temp guage has 2 male spade connectors. When I disconnect them the temp guage goes off, so I think it is the one.
The parts lists don't show this. Mine is a 916 V6 12v not 24v. All part cats seem to be for the 24v.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Your 12V has the same parts as above (according to Eper) :
The blue one (6) partnr.5972332 is for ECU, the other (33) partnr.60605959 is for dash.indicator temperature and overheating

1 - 20 of 20 Posts