·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Maybe they'll do what Jag' did with the E-Type....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe they'll do what Jag' did with the E-Type....
I can't even see how they'd be able to do that to be honest - there doesn't seem to be enough room on the bonnet.

Can low volume cars like the 8C get away with just having a rear numberplate?! :confused:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Of the Enzo's I've seen in the uk on the road, none of them were displaying a front plate. I have seen an F40 though with an undersized stick on plate.

I think you'd run without one, or go the stick on route. Either way, if you ever got pulled by the cops, you'd hope it was just to look at the car, and a guided tour would do instead of a fine.

That or you outrun them....

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Ive seen Gallardo's, Murcielago's and Enzos with no front plate.

I would imagine the type and colour would give the cops a mere few doors to knock!

Having had an MX5 - I know the stick on ones are illegal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I used to have an MX5 with a stick on front plate - sounds like I was lucky never to have been stopped!

Looked good though! :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
Stick on plates are not necesarilly illegal.

They must be reflective, conform to the lettering font and sizing regulations, and technically, should be displayed on a vertical surface (which defeats the purpose).

I've had a stick on plate on the front of my GTV for 18 months, and have never had a problem, even with 2 MOT's.

However, it really depends on how arsey the copper is. A friend of mine with a 355 had a stick on plate that was legal in size, reflectivity and text. It looked exactly like a normal plate (as does mine) but he got done by one cop who told him it had to be replaced- but couldn't present any legal argument except for "because I tell you to"!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
It's going to have to go somewhere!

Gotta be illegal not to have a plate at all. Congestion charge cameras read front and rear plates.

maybe sticking up on the roof like a mayoral shield?!?

:D

·
Registered
308 Posts
The bonnet doesn't flip fowards on the production car, it opens up as normal, the shut lines are along the central raised nose bit. You can see the bonnet lines in Evo magazine.
You can just about see the lines on this photo..

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,212 Posts
to be honest, it's not an issue as the chances of an 8C being stopped by the Police are zero because:

- there are no Police on the road

- even if an officer saw an 8C on the road without a front plant, odds are the car is insured and taxed and barely worthy of a pull. Not when you can stop, say, a LHD Audi from Hungary that probably isn't taxed for UK use, and whose insurance probably isn't valid in the UK, and doesn't have a valid MOT (or equivalent)

g

M

·
0 Posts
The bonnet doesn't flip fowards on the production car, it opens up as normal, the shut lines are along the central raised nose bit. You can see the bonnet lines in Evo magazine.
You can just about see the lines on this photo..
Cheer's for that:)

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I will do mine like this -

I wish!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts