Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Anyone knows a fix for a milometer on an '84 giulietta (116). All the other dials work, it's only the milometer that is stuck and is not registering the mileage.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Do you mean distance meter or also the speed is not shown?
If both its probably a faulty pick up at the gearbox or a bad electrical connection between the pick up and the speedo.
If its only the distance one of the figures is stuck. You have to remove the speedo and open it and with a small screw driver or such get the offending figure unstuck (probably the first) or the tooth wheels in mesh.
NB! Its a long time ago but I had my Giulietta's speedo out but can't remember how difficult it was - mine worked but was making noises when cold. Gave the wheels some thin lubricant and it disappeared.
Erik

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is only the distsnce meter that is not working. the figures are stuck. The is a whinig noise from the cluster that may be due to this problem. I don't know how the distance meter operates, i.e. electronic or use a cable. But thanks v much for the info

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My 1983/84 Giulietta had electronic connection but inside it had tooth wheels turning the two distance meters. I have used a small screw driver (watch makes version) to unstuck the figure rolls if stuck (not in the Giulietta but others similar ones).
The method is also used by doggy second hand car sellers to to fraught mileages.
Erik - ex car dealer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts