Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Lol....sounds tempting...Can just imagine the headache it will be to do?
No, not really. get the motor from a 2.5 and then just drop and run carbs so you don't need to run an ECU.
Front coupling is different so you need to change that, but otherwise it's not that bad.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, not really. get the motor from a 2.5 and then just drop and run carbs so you don't need to run an ECU.
Front coupling is different so you need to change that, but otherwise it's not that bad.
Coupling as in the doughnut?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would like to get someone to do the head, maybe do other cams etc, Group One Replica motor...just for abit extra...nothing major..I got a 81 1.8 and am keeping it standard..So this one must be special..

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Depends, i see it has big bumpers so would also have rear fogs, does it have electric windows? Electric mirror? Roof console? Wipers on the headlights? What type of intake manifold?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
I wish I could help, but I only know people in CT that do head work. Best person would be is to ask Oom Corrie or Paul.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, what would we call it? A Executive?
If memory serves me correctly this would probably be called a Giulietta 1.8 Lusso.

If you need parts we must talk. I have lots of plastic grommets, clips, fittings, etc for these cars, many NOS. And various other things.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Would like to get someone to do the head, maybe do other cams etc, Group One Replica motor...just for abit extra...nothing major..I got a 81 1.8 and am keeping it standard..So this one must be special..
Hennie Vermaak (Alfa Service Centre) did a very nice Group One motor for me 20 years ago. It was a huge improvement over standard, sounded fantastic between 6000 and 7000 rpm. It just wanted to rev :)

As far as I know Alfa Service Centre is no more and I don't know where Hennie is.

BUT, I can highly recommend José Lopes on the 4 cylinder engines. He is a perfectionist, just look at his Alfetta GT racecar and Alfetta road car, as well as the FIAT 131 he prepares for historic racing. I do not have his number here, but might have it at home is you are interested.

For head work you can also consider Van Der Linde Developments.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hennie Vermaak (Alfa Service Centre) did a very nice Group One motor for me 20 years ago. It was a huge improvement over standard, sounded fantastic between 6000 and 7000 rpm. It just wanted to rev :)

As far as I know Alfa Service Centre is no more and I don't know where Hennie is.

BUT, I can highly recommend José Lopes on the 4 cylinder engines. He is a perfectionist, just look at his Alfetta GT racecar and Alfetta road car, as well as the FIAT 131 he prepares for historic racing. I do not have his number here, but might have it at home is you are interested.

For head work you can also consider Van Der Linde Developments.
Thank you for the help, yes I am gonna need a few odds and ends. Yes, would like someone who knows what he is doing. My car has electric windows all round, ti grill and rear fog lamps and elec mirrors. Saw a red one like that at AK concorse one year. It is a 1800 got the original engine. Does not have centre roof console or headlight wipers.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Thank you for the help, yes I am gonna need a few odds and ends. Yes, would like someone who knows what he is doing. My car has electric windows all round, ti grill and rear fog lamps. Saw a red one like that at AK concorse one year. It is a 1800 got the original engine. Does not have centre roof console or headlight wipers.
Oohhhhh, those 1800s rev up VERY nicely when balanced at the bottom...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts