Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have been offered a 76 GTV that is pretty rough condition. I can either scrap it and use the drivetrain in my GT Junior, or be brave and try to repair it. It would certainly need new doors, rockers, repair panels for wheel arches, etc. So, some questions:

1: Will the engine, box, rear axle fit diredtly into my '72 1300GTJ
2: How much is a GTV in good condition in southern Ontario?
3: Can I get body repair panels, etc. for the car?

Thanks, Richard

·
Registered
807 Posts
MY 1972 GT Junior (before my ownership) has had the mechanics from a GTV installed, thats brakes(2 servos), gearbox, back axle and engine, so it is possible, (some of the boys that race/ do track days keep the rear axle from the 1300 as it gives better acceleration, but worse cruising but you do loose the LSD on the 2ltr back axle.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Unless you want to repair it for your own pleasure it will almost certainly not be worth your time financially. It is always lower cost to buy a good one. But all the parts are available.

If you go for a conversion, yes, all the parts will fit pretty well straight on. My 1600GT even had the interior, grille and exterior trim fitted from a GTV

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great,thanks guys.

There is alwaysthe temptation to repair, but it is in a real state, and it has just taken me two and a half years to fix the firewall and inner wings on my MG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts