Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read lots about buying GT's on here, I planned to see couple yesterday.

The first one I looked at was dark blue with grey leather. A little higher mileage than I really wanted but I was hooked. The blue looked fantastic, all thoughts of looking at other cars to compare it with went out of the window. My 5th Alfa had arrived. :)

SDR Autos serviced & MoT'd it and made buying the car an absolute pleasure. Thanks Guys!

Horrible drive down to Ashford, stuck behind a succession of Vauxhalls & Volvos that seemed to think that 27mph is the national speed limit! :rant:

Down to Dover was better, from Calais to Aachen steady, then across the border to play a little. :cool:

First impressions after 1 day of ownership and 750km:

Surprisingly comfortable, despite what I have read, I find the ride is good (then again I do have an Elan as a second car)

The engine is great, 6th gear cruising quiet & economical.

Not explored the handling too much yet apart from a few high speed bends on the Autobahn but it seems fine. No problem in the snow in the city today.

Looks fantastic. (think I already said that)

The only bad point so far is the radio, it must have been the same tone deaf clown who designed the radios for both the GTV and the GT!

I bought my first GTV (2.0 V6 Turbo) in Milan, within hours I was through the Mont Blanc tunnel and heading for Geneva - what a great introduction to Alfas that was! For different reasons, I feel the same about last nights drive, I am really happy to have an Alfa again!

Many thanks for all of the support on this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
hi look at the audio unit it has a grafic equaliser fitted, if its swiched on it will tell you on the display, if not look at the handbook it will tell you how to turn it on and tune it, make a massive differance to the sound

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Hi Cliff, welcome to AO, great choice of car :thumbs:, enjoy the ride both forum and motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts