Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
75 V6 24V Build STILL ongoing

I already have a thread on this in the 75 lounge but that im going to use for help/info so to free it up and keep the images seperate ill use this link. Been away for a while but Jim has now finished the bodywork repairs and was waiting for me to come back and give advice on the roll cage as it was looking like we may have to chop the dash but we have decided to modify it yet again.....would of been easier to make a bespoke cage

This was a bit of a mess when Jim got to work on it, there was a farily large hole which had been filled with silicone...jim had to set fire to it as it was that clogged but its all good now

Was a small hole here behind the windscreen but again its been revived

These 2 photos are the passenger rear inner arch, the whole thing was rotten so jim got some sheet metal and made a new one

Couple of flat spots on the roof, aparently they had been repaired previously but not very well

The inside of the boot and the engine bay have been treated to a full rub down and coating in some type of rubber paint (sounds very technical to me :lol:)

Both sills and arches have needed re-building, i did offer to buy replacement pannels but Jim would rather make them himself (good to see some people like the old method still)

Spare wheel well was totally gone so again Jim made a new one

Cage went in eventually with hours and hours of modification its now a perfect fit :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking good, love the 75, its a bit of a Marmite car!
I know exactly what you mean and thats just what i like about it. When you talk about the older alfa's you only tend to hear about the sud which although its a gorgeous car and id have one at the drop of a hat they do tend to be more commonly remembered but this will be something a bit different which is why i love it :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
75's are an epic car man and that is some epic amount of work to do great to see it being done :)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
75's are an epic car man and that is some epic amount of work to do great to see it being done :)
Well keep your eyes peeled there will be plenty more work going on over the next few weeks so i will post it all here :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hopefully i'll see this some more when we move in to that unit!!!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marmite is my 75 :lol:

Yep you got there before me :lol: Still not thought of a name for her yet

What suspension is yours running? Is it standard? Im trying to remember how high they sit

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doing some small jobs tonight like removing sections of the wiring loom i wont be needing and stripping/painting some of the "under bonnet" parts so will upload photos later on :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
Well keep your eyes peeled there will be plenty more work going on over the next few weeks so i will post it all here :thumbs:
I can't wait to see the results rare to see someone put this effort into 75's :)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't wait to see the results rare to see someone put this effort into 75's :)
It is good to see a 75 being kept alive and especially in this way! Ill hopefully be helping out with the prep work this week and could be in paint in under 2 weeks depending on other work Jim has on so fingers crossed.

This is why im trying to sort out other parts like the loom and under bonnet parts so she can start to go back together as soon as she is finished in paint :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I wouldnt mind getting my hands dirty with this if the unit goes ahead!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been a busy couple of days but managed to get the loom tidyed up and removed some un-nesescary sections of it which i wont be needing. Dont have any pictures as its just a pile of wires and not very interesting...i do however have this.....

The first of many parts to be flatted back to bare metal, coated in a few coats of primer which was a nightmare as i think there was something on the surface which i just couldnt get off, was causing the primer to bubble in one or 2 areas so had to rub it all down and give it even more elbow grease to get it off and all is now well, then a few coats of matt black and job is done....looks pretty good if you ask me

M

·
0 Posts
The 75 is coming along nicely Aaron:thumbs::cool:

Do you know when it will be painted?

Also as well, the September-October issue of Auto Italia should be having a piece in it about the 75 IMSA:thumbs:

PS. The dashboard needs a clean:p

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:lol:

Sorry Mark im sure ive got a old rag somewhere if you want to give it a clean.

Should be the next couple of weeks but im a bit in the dark at the moment so need to go see them again and try get some of the prep work done......need to get my mark on it somewhere other than the odd ancill here and there :thumbs:

Ill be sure to get a copy of it then :) was going to subscribe but dont think they deliver to afghan :lol:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i do love the 75 v6 especially the veloce one ,love the sound and the look.
goodluck with your one and im sure it will look very nice when done.
Thanks :thumbs: Could be ready and back on the road by christmas all being well :D

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Off to see the car wednesday....ive been waiting for Jim to call and let me know when i can come down to work on it and he has been working away wondering when im coming up to help :lol: bit of a mix up but oh well

Car itself is ready for primer now and just the doors to prep.....this is getting exciting now

1 - 20 of 383 Posts