Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the thread title, my son's Chrysler Ypsilon 1.3 JTDM, with three adults in it, managed an impressive 73.1 MPG on a 350 mile run in the Scottish Highlands yesterday.

Our average speed was about 50 MPH, so maybe the resulting miles per gallon figure shouldn't have been too much of a surprise. Never the less, that wee 1.3 JTDM engine is a cracker :biglaugh:

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
I did an 850 mile round trip to Barcelona
over the weekend and the Ewok averaged
38 mpg at speeds between 90 and 150kph.

Which I thought wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
It's definitely an efficient engine, but it's such a tragic car. Can't believe Fiat has reduced the Lancia brand to that.

·
Registered
36,754 Posts
We nearly got one as a rental from Bologna airport a couple of years ago. My wife wanted to be disappointed as a Lancista but I told her about the ncap results. Hopefully don't get one next week. Thanks sig. Marchionne for killing the brand.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's definitely an efficient engine, but it's such a tragic car. Can't believe Fiat has reduced the Lancia brand to that.
It's not a looker certainly, but very little goes wrong with them. Rear shockies, handbrake cables, gear change cables and the main light switch. We really haven't seen any more than that (I work in the parts dept. of a Chrysler/Jeep dealer).

When I took it in for it's MOT recently, our MOT tester remarked upon the extremely low emissions - just about fresh air coming out the exhaust.

I didn't realise that Suzuki used that engine - who else other than Fiat/Alfa/Vauxhall uses it?

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
It's a comfy, relaxed A road cruiser. Also faster than any ALFA I have owned, especially in-gear on boost, not as chuckable though.

Now replaced with a 400ish hp V8 wobblier Jaag, that does high teens to the gallon.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Don't recall ever measuring MPG in any car I've bought.

You should know these details (if no ones lied, insert any car maker here) before you buy the car.

It's not as though you can take it back.

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
I didn't until there was a dash thing to tell me, 2000 156 V6 no idea, 1988 75 V6 no idea, 1985 Sud Sprint same and my 1989 33 1.7 Veloce.

It's only my SAABs and now The Jaag which have this feature, oddly enough my first SAAB 9000 did and it was a 1990 model, but it was standard from the 9000's introduction in 1986....

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
73.1 is impressive. I never managed that much over such a distance in my Giulietta. I did however manage 78 mpg over 50 miles repeatedly, though high 60s is more common.

I just switched oils again, the last fill was rather high viscosity and that did cost me some miles per gallon. though realistically speaken, about a third of the total oil in the engine is still the old stuff, so after the next hange I'll get a clearer picture of how much mpg I've recouped. I seem to be getting 53 mpg now, mostly local runs, before the oil change 49 mpg...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
My best in the Qashqai is about 62mpg, not bad for a car of its size, though it is misleading as it is a pretty light car.

The GT once told me I got 33 mpg on a motorway run, but I don't believe that :lol:

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
MPG is very important to DERVists.

Just look at the games Ewok DERVists can play:

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/uploads/5222/IMG_0698.JPG
That is so true. I had a trip on my petrol Passat and whilst I did look at the MPG on occasion (what else in a dullsat is there to do?) it was only whilst I was actually awake in the car, which was not often. However since buying a tractor (GT first) it is permanently set on 'current' MPG.

Mind you one thousand five hundred and seventy five years ago in my MKIII Cortina I had a vacuum gauge, same idea.

It's because us DERVists are saving the world with less CO2 than those petrol clogging gutless turd spark plug thingy doins. :smash:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts