Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.4MA (61plate) has now done 65k. I still really like it but do quite fancy a change. ultimately I'd like a Guilia (probably the warm petrol option when it's available).

Not sure what yet but I think it's either a case of getting something soon (on a pcp deal with a view to keeping it for 24-30mths) as an "interim" whilst I wait for a Guilia or keeping the Guilietta until I can get a Guilia (in say 12-18mths)

One thing that has me thinking is that my G has been reliable so far and is in good nick. I got it for a decent price and so the depreciation probably ain't too bad as yet. However, I have the 72k service approaching fast which I believe is reasonably expensive (cam belt?) is this correct?

Also my rear washer has now developed a mind of its own and I wonder if this could be the start of my cars reliability dropping off a cliff...Anyone any thoughts or advice

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My 1.4MA (61plate) has now done 65k. I still really like it but do quite fancy a change. ultimately I'd like a Guilia (probably the warm petrol option when it's available).

Not sure what yet but I think it's either a case of getting something soon (on a pcp deal with a view to keeping it for 24-30mths) as an "interim" whilst I wait for a Guilia or keeping the Guilietta until I can get a Guilia (in say 12-18mths)

One thing that has me thinking is that my G has been reliable so far and is in good nick. I got it for a decent price and so the depreciation probably ain't too bad as yet. However, I have the 72k service approaching fast which I believe is reasonably expensive (cam belt?) is this correct?

Also my rear washer has now developed a mind of its own and I wonder if this could be the start of my cars reliability dropping off a cliff...Anyone any thoughts or advice

Also my brake pedal has now started to feel like it has a small amount of play when I lift my foot off...not sure if that's indicative of anything else starting to wear out?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
The belts and water pump should be changed by five years at the latest. I have just paid AutoLusso £535 for a 54,000 mile service, changing the belts pump etc and changing the Multiair filter. This I don't think is a bad price and certainly is a much smaller cost than the depreciation on a replacement car and also, of course, if the car had been sold before the work was done the purchaser would factor the cost into what he/she is prepared to pay.

With regard to the washer, I had to have the complete pump assembly replaced under warranty as water sprayed on the front screen (without the wipers working) as well as the rear when using the rear washer so I don't think it is necessarily a sign that lots is about to go wrong it is just one of those little niggles that mark out an Alfa as something different.

As to reliability the loan car provided by AutoLusso was showing 170,000 miles and still going strong apart from a warning light coming on randomly and the handbrake being less than perfect but Dan warned me about it and it was purely a case of him not having had time to fix his own car because of the paying workload. It did remind me of the saying about the cobbler's children always being the worst shod in the class. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts