Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We that is Poemo, Russolusso, Ken, Shinymetalass, Nialmoran and myself are planning to meet here

The Falkirk Wheel : book tickets online now : a great day out in central Scotland

on Sunday the 21st of this month. I know its a long haul for most of you but 6 166s is a pretty large meeting and I'm planning on getting as many photos as I physically can.

So if any of you are tempted to make the voyage it would be great to see you!

Stuart

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
my missus has gone and arranged a party/BBQ for the 20th but i'm still hoping that i can toddle along on the sunday - what time you guys thinking about. I've cleared out my inbox now BTW :D

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Maybe we should invite Auto Italia along and see if they want to do an article :rolleyes:

Artificial Intelligece Err:eek:I mean AI headline

"Pomeo gets the biscuit but Stu gets a flat (tyre)"

my missus has gone and arranged a party/BBQ for the 20th but i'm still hoping that i can toddle along on the sunday - what time you guys thinking about. I've cleared out my inbox now BTW :D
Not sure I am sure Stu will have an ESH moment before the times are finalised.At least having the date is a strater for 10.

Hopefully I will have the fan done by then with lots of luck the rear springs and shocks coz I am in the mood to succeed not just keep puting things offas the rain has gone.

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Make sure you get plenty of photos and some video footage, too, for those of us who can't get there...

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
It may be 7 if I can find a 166 by then. I've just found a new home for my 5 series so hopefully he does as he says and comes back tomorrow evening to collect it! There are a couple of good looking V6's up for grabs just now so hopefully they check out okay and I can make a purchase.

I stay in Falkirk so 166 or not I'll have a wander up to meet you lots if that's okay as it will be great to see all the cars there.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh well so you won't want me to tell you about the 2001, 3.0L ,166 with 87K on the clock with a new timing belt for £1,750 in Dundee then! :D

Just encase you should change your mind!

Alfa Romeo 166, 3.0 V6, 51 Plate, £87K Miles, Silver Dundee Dundee used cars vans motorbikes for sale

Could you imagine the chaps face if you said you wanted to veiw it on Sunday the 21st and you'll bring a few freinds round who know about these cars and the next thing he sees is 6 166's on his street! :cheese:

Stuart

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And if we meet at his house he will be providing the tea and biscuits eager to make a sale!

So how is the day gong.

Morning- Photo shoot with models (its about £60 per lady for the day)
Lunch - we can take the models out as they wont eat much and if or wives turned up they will have stormed off.
Afternoon- go karting (tell me more about these two seater go karts if we are getting models they suddenly sound more interesting!)
Evening- go to interrogate the current owner of Scott's new car. stay for tea then wave a found fair well to each other!

Have I missed anything out? Sounds like a memorable day!

This is a fictitious timetable just in case any of your where thinking that I am over reaching!

Stuart

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I emailed that guy in Dundee on 3 seperate occassions when the ad was first posted and he's never replied! There's no phone number on it either. The one in Aberdeen looks good but it's a bit pricey and has a couple of stamps missing from the history, though he has just fitted a new clutch and the belts, etc were done at 60k miles. What's the opinion if the car has some stamps missing from the book even if it appears to be clearly well looked after?

Alfa Romeo : Alfa Romeo 166 2.5 V6 Lusso

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would describe my car as immaculate because I have just fixed any problem as soon as it has arisen. As a result my old has been change in October, November, December and February. So it as thrown the "service history" out of the window as it would be dishonest for my mechanic to stamp the book with out changing the oil so I won't ask him to. I just ask him to service the car as required and I do stuff like the air filter.

Another reason I don't bother getting service stamps is I never intend to sell the car. It looks like a similar story in Aberdeen. HAve you gone up and seen it? I would imagine its got a folder bursting to the seems.

I would say £2K a very reasonable price for that car considering its had at least £1K dropped on it. I think its going to be the best car you will find in the near future.

Stuart

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Morning- Photo shoot with models (its about £60 per lady for the day)
Lunch - we can take the models out as they wont eat much and if or wives turned up they will have stormed off.
Afternoon- go karting (tell me more about these two seater go karts if we are getting models they suddenly sound more interesting!)
Evening- go to interrogate the current owner of Scott's new car. stay for tea then wave a found fair well to each other!
Night - Models return? :D

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Getting the 8.48am train from Larbert to Aberdeen tomorrow. Wish me luck (13th tomorrow!).
Remember Scott...these are not brand new motors.
Also if you look at the high mileages these cars can achieve you let your eye be your guide.

Almost anything is doable..you just have to want to do it.

Good luck tomorrow ..Hope its a good one and you join the clan.
:thumbs:

Pomeo

1 - 20 of 46 Posts