Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tarquini seems to be developing a split in the side of the coil pack, which seems a bit weird as it's not really a moving part and doesn't vibrate.

It's about 2" (5cm) long and fairly hairline but it is a proper split in the body of the coil itself, just along the moulded seam near where it attaches to the engine.

Has anyone seen this before?

I'm inclined to bung some exopy resin in there to stop water getting in (it's the side facing the radiator). Is that going to be okay?

I'd appreciate some thoughts. I imagine these man-sized packs are fairly dear, compared to the weeny 4-pot ones..?

He's running so well at the moment too.... (definitely a bad sign!).

Ralf S.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neat!

Anyone know how much the V6 coil pack costs, c/o Mr Romeo?

Ralf S.

J

·
0 Posts
yeh it does happen,,the plastic gets brittle with age and the heat makes it split,,bung some araldite or similar epoxy into the crack it will be fine.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
If it's a bosch part find the nearest bosch dealer and give him the model number, bet he give's you a cheaper price.
Or go to a scrapyard. usually they'll have a load of coils from all sorts and you could find a match. I got one for my sprint and it cost €10 :)

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers dudes.

It's running okay at the moment, so I'll probably just Araldite it to keep it watertproof, as Jimbo suggests. At least I'll have your suggestions for if it does start giving me grief.

It's waiting for a cold, wet night in December, I reckon... :rolleyes:

Ralf S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts