Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had Mr G for 6 months so I thought I would give an update following my 1000 miles review. Not all good, not all bad

Engine:
Still going, which is good, and topped a litre of oil last weekend as it seemed a little low on the dip stick. On a run down the M1 or M40 I average 53-54 mpg (140 bhp) and around town this drops quite a lot to around 42mpg. My mates got a 2.0 140bhp golf last week and has hit the mid 60's already:(
I love using D button as the car is transformed.

Gear Box,
Still gurgles in 4th,5th and 6th but Guest motors says it normal...I;ve never driven a car that does it:confused: I have had no gear knob issues or lack getting it in gear

Ride:
Brilliant...the best I have ever driven

Road noise:
Absolutely horrendous.......It is really that bad. It drives me insane on some roads. I really hope by getting rid of the P-Rosso will change this.

Build Quality,
We were doing so well on this until before Christmas when all of a sudden the driver door window/B pillar started to rattle. Two trips to Guest and a over night stay and its worse than when it went it. So I am going back again for the third time. It fine on the motorway but A and B roads are where it rattles. I fixed the creaking seat, under steering wheel trim and dash rattles myself. Internal looks walks all over BMW,VW and AUDI

Size:
95% of the time its perfect, Wife and two kids, plus two bikes in the boot. Its the 5% that we struggle. We can just get enough in the boot for a midweek, long weekend holiday. Any more and its too much. This year will probably be our last aboard holiday...I carn't keep "blagging" their school, so its too small for a two week break in Dorset

Looks
Amazing.....and no stones chips,scratches...slight bumper dent...buts that all my fault.

Will I get another.......
Sadly not, With a growing family we need a something a little bigger next time and certain things are bugging me...like the tyre noise.
But while I have Mr G I will enjoy it completely and will never tire of the admiring looks and the D button

P.S My wife LOVES IT !!!!!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice update Munco.

You're lucky you havent gotten any stone chips or scratches yet. I just washed my car today and discovered at least 4 chips around the front bumper and a couple of bad ones on the windscreen...this is only after 2.5months and 9200 miles.... :(

Have to fully agree with you on the road noise, though for me it's only unbearable on some stretches of bad road surfacing. For the most part i can handle the rumble....but then again i don't have a couple of kids in the back to attend to as well :)

Look forward to your next update!

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Too small..? Are you a big lad, or do you like to take the whole contents of your house on holiday? :lol:

A suitcase for you and Mrs Munco.. soft bags for the kids.

Bicycles, double bed, kitchen sink and the dog can go on the roof. :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,
The P-Rosso's 18's are driving me mad as well on Australian course chip roads. I used to love Pirellis but after my last experience with them on my Range Rover Sport (noisy and aqua planing) I am keen to try something else. Doesn't look like they are going to last long anyway with the tendency to spin the wheels in D and 1st!
I might try Yokohama's next? I will be interested to see over time what people recommend.
cheers,
Anthony

·
Registered
668 Posts
Will I get another.......
Sadly not, With a growing family we need a something a little bigger next time and certain things are bugging me...like the tyre noise.
But while I have Mr G I will enjoy it completely and will never tire of the admiring looks and the D button

P.S My wife LOVES IT !!!!!!!

Buy a roof box and change the tyres, Job done!:thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts