Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Home now - both a bit pink from the sun. Top down all the way to just south of Stoney (shock!).

Thank you everyone for coming along and making it a great weekend and thank you to those who joined us on the Sunday for the run.

Those of you who couldn't make it were missed and certainly missed out on good company, driving, food and accommodation - the staff at the Townhouse and Burt's did us proud.

Next year - Back to the west coast. :thumbs:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Back home now and I would just like to concur with what both Fraser and Stu have said.

Many thanks to Stuart for the organisation and thanks too for including the now traditional "off piste" moment as we tackled the vagaries of the Kelso one way system! :cheese:

As was said many times over the weekend, Stuart did a great job with the hotels - the deal he got was spectacular and we would have been paying a lot more if we'd been there as individuals (even Stu is not quite sure how he did it!).

As Stuart says, many old friends were missed and hopefully some will be able to return next year - I have already put the date in my diary! Having said that, the proposal that we should go back North next year was passed by acclamation so I need to start saving for incidentals like food, drink and petrol. Super unleaded was 143p in the Borders so I dread to think what it will cost in somewhere like Applecross next year!

All that remains now is for Fraser to do his air brush magic and remove a random Vauxhall from the "team picture" and produce yet another photographic masterpiece. :thumbs:

Thanks again to everyone - Carol and I had a brilliant weekend!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Thanks to everybody for a great weekend, but particularly the other Stuart for arranging it. Good drives out to interesting places and the hotels and food were all fantastic. :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
Glad you all had a great weekend folks! Lady Louise and I were thinking about you all over the last few days.

Back to the West Coast next year is a great shout. We'll be there!!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hey wait a minute, there's a few things missing from that pic.... :confused:
But I won't tell if no one else does :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sorry for the delay folks, but here's the picture of those that took part in the whole weekend, just before we went our separate ways on Sunday morning.
And what an attractive debonair group we made! :lol:

Thanks Fraser :thumbs:

(and here's one of mine to show that the Giulietta is much better looking than that BMW M thingy!)

61 - 80 of 104 Posts