Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks! I nearly filled up this morning on the way to work! Glad I was running late now :D

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What?!! How come? I can't believe that, especially after they were dishing out 5p off vouchers like sweeties last week to anyone and everyone on the forecourt. :confused:

·
Administrator
46,708 Posts
Worked in Congleton.

Of course I ruined the saving by deciding to give Nitro+ a go, at 8p a litre more expensive than standard.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I did see that button now I think about it but wasn't sure if that was actual participating stations of just your nearest?

Just checked and my nearest one doesn't come up so it must be the participating ones. My nearest is about 15 miles away!

·
Registered
912 Posts
The one i tried does come up in that list but they still refused. There is another one close by so will try that next week. Both are owned/manned by Asians whose English is not great so it is very hard to explain or argue with them. Both are in Oldham area.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm well that sucks.. thought it was simpler than it really is -- that link has stopped working, so here's the new one - https://www.bespokeoffers.co.uk/consumer/offers/save-5p-per-litre-off-any-fuel-at-shell--fdf9d

Edit: it's only the more expensive garages around me doing it. There's 3 or 4 nearby that are always about 3 or 4p dearer than 2 other local garages, for no good reason.. and it's those more expensive ones that have the offer. Quel surprise! Total con.

S

·
0 Posts
It's obvious petrol is rigged. If it was transparently priced the wholesale price would be public, not buried.

·
Registered
36,767 Posts
It's obvious petrol is rigged. If it was transparently priced the wholesale price would be public, not buried.
The profit has been moved to the oil companies , so there are not big enough retail profits to sustain independent competition , even with convenience store turnover from the shop.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts