Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently because I didn't want to arrive at my off site workplace too early on Monday morning ,thought I'd take it easy and see what mpg I could coax out of my 5 year old 74k 159 1.9 jtdm. After over 100 miles I managed to get 58.4 mpg as you can imagine this mostly involved going at a reasonably sedate 60-75 cruising speed on the mostly motorway journey. A 50mph section undoubtedly helped on the M25. Usually I manage to get about 43 mpg on long French autoroute trips cruising at between 85-95 so it's an improvement but not dramatically so.

Going so slow does create a really itchy right foo though !!;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
mpg

Yes!

In my previous car, an 04' 156 1.9 JTDm, I drove from my house near Durham to Liverpool airport and managed 62.4. Like you, I was massively helped by a huge 50mph average speed section, but this time on the A1.

Oddly, the sedate driving made me very sleepy, and so when I got near to Liverpool, I pulled in at a Morrisons and punched a check-out girl in the face, just to wake me up again*

*this bit might not be true.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have driven 133 miles/hour in Germany and I got 38m/G all the way to Poland. Wished we could have here Germany's motorway ( free to do any speed you like), Shouldn't it be lovely?

·
Registered
103 Posts
sportswagon @ 61.9

try 61.9 was my average last week from newcastle to wokingham, then to swindon then home to newcastle Tyne wear , never went to a filling station through out , average speed 78 mph.
1.9 jtd mjet sports wagon . did a average of 59 from newcastle to derby on monday
just a superb diesel engine , thanks ,

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
Range 902:eek: never seen that before either :wow:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Never seen a higher average than 44 on my 1.9....or 36 on the current 2.4!

They both do a lot better at 50mph right enough.

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
49.4 for one of my 1.9's & 45.1 for my current 2.0 are my best figures.

·
Registered
399 Posts
53.4 on my 2.4 - been remapped though with no DPF so no regens and more torque so staying in 6th most of the way on mways with cruise on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dpat

You're getting less mpg from the 2.0 over the heavier 1.9 correct ? I thought the 2.0 was supposed to give greater mileage and was thinking at some stage of maybe buying one. This will make me rethink. Is it noticeably quicker than the 1.9 ?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Ive got about 55 when mainly going about 50mph to Wales a few months ago

Driving at 50 does make you sleepy, i think its a bit dangerous! Esp on the cruise controllings!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
51mpg was my best on a long journey @70mph in cruise control in my 1.9 jtdm. journey was 300 mile going up and down big hills on the M60.

i have had an avearge reported of 65mpg when i had a diesel box on the car, but as it stalled realy easly i asumed it was bad for tmy car so dis connected it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts