Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't the B&M forum, but lets face it. It's pants in there. I've been trying to get help for over a week on this, and not heard a dicky bird.

Somebody in here must have upgraded the blue&me in their 159 to 5.5 ???

I'm having a nightmare with it.

I've got the right files. Just everytime I put the usb stick in the glove box and put the key in, it goes through the motions..

Update in progress
restarting
Installation
restarting
Installation
restartin
usb update Error 10.

Everytime without fail. Tried the Neg removal on the battery for 10 mins twice. Tried 2 different usb sticks both formatted to FAT.

I'm stumped!! :confused:

Could my 159 be too old for the update? At the moment the B&M just says that there is no english language available when I try to use it. :confused:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Have you got the file checklist, there is one of the files that must go on the stick, the instructions tell you which.

My 57 plate took it at the 3rd attempt

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm having exactly the same nightmare!!
I've got Nav+ I've tried the Negative terminal trick as well :rant:

There seem to be 2 copies that you can download on the Fiat site:
1. Blue & Me 5.5 has all the files as per the PDF. This does the update loop stuff as above then you get 'Update Error 10'
2. Blue & Me 5.5 Map contains less files and a different one (C82S_v15.cab). This throws 'Update Error 10' instantly!

I've also tried Blue & Me 5.5 Map with the missing file than is contained in No 1 (C82R.CAB) this doesn't work either!

After going through the forum and reading all the threads the only thing I haven't done is remove the head unit from the dash and try flashing with the other mysterious USB port hidden behind.

If anyone has any other things to try I'd like to know too :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Read through the instructions file and it didn't tell me anything different than I've already tried.

I've tried 2 different batches of unzipped files. One from Alfa and one directly from the Blue&Me website. I'm stuck for ideas now really.

Is there a chance that the message "English Language Not Available" when I first tried to connect my phone has anything to do with it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts