Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was sold the car from Mangoletsi in February this year, a factory order which I took delivery of on 24th July. I was clearly told that it was with the 5-3-5 warranty/servicing.

Anyway due to the **** up and ensuing difficulties I had with getting the correct wheels I didn't check that the 5 year warranty and 3 years free servicing was confirmed. I assumed that as all the offers at the time and indeed those on the Alfa website included the new 5-3-5 scheme that there was no need to worry.

Well it turns out Mangoletsi have not registered me for this scheme. Just got off the phone to Alfa and they are raising a case to look into it.

Another example of the utter incompetence of this dealership. I strongly recommend against using them as their after sales service is shocking. I unfortunately now have another potentially long drawn out case to fight to get what I was promised. I am cannot believe how bad Mangoletsi are and I am absolutely pissed off that I can't just enjoy my car.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
Sorry you've had to find out the hard way.
It's been well documented on here for donkey's years just how poor they are; most wouldn't go anywhere near them...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very Sorry to hear this hope you sort it out, I was passing on Sunday and decide to pop in to see for myself and get a Brochure on the Giulia Veloce, needless to say they gave me the wrong one and the salesman who I spoke with was his last day only being 5 months into the job.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it will get sorted, at least I hope it does! I don't know how the management perceive themselves there. It's just comes across as very poorly run, even from the moment you walk in and there are multiple members of staff sat around chatting but none of them make a move to approach you. Very very odd.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
We just recently bought an Abarth 595. We were looking for a nearly new/best value for money as it is the wifes winter car (her 939 Spider hibernates in winter), anyway as ladies do, colour was all important, Maggis had the right colour and as I said to the salesman on the phone, " I dont want to travel up from the south coast to see the car unless its perfect". "Any used car will have age related wear and tear sir but I'll send a video for you to see yourself". Perfect I thought. Well they didnt even get the car out from between two others and when they got around to the drivers side I reckon in the short 12 months ownership of the car the door will have been banged against a brick wall every time it was opened. How anyone could offer a car for sale in that state is beyond me.

·
Administrator
45,052 Posts
Think yourself lucky they didn't just tell you it was great and have you find out after the trip I guess.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Think yourself lucky they didn't just tell you it was great and have you find out after the trip I guess.
I may well have got myself arrested had that happened!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to give an update on this issue. Alfa customer care have resolved the issue and I now have the 5-3-5. It appears to have been an admin mix up. At least this time between Alfa and Mangoletsi the mistake has been rectified pain free.

·
Registered
32,699 Posts
Between the time I ordered my Giulietta in late 2016 and I collected it on 6/01/17 the three years servicing pack I’d paid £500 for became free. I drove around for a week or so trying to forget about it but I did contact Alfa Romeo UK and the dealer sent me a cheque for £500. The fact that the service deal came into operation on the 5th and the car was delayed by a few days just made me wonder.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Another vote against Mangos from me. Sales are just downright shoddy. Its no surprise when it seems the 'wide boy' culture appears to filter down from top management. My issue was resolved when they released that ignoring the problem could lead to litigation, but they were very grudging about the fix. Anyhow lesson learned, don't go there again.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I went into mangos to look at a car last weekend, the wife got pretty annoyed because no one came near us for ten minutes. Ive been in the day this week, one of the salesman had sold 5 cars that morning, 4 jeep's and one stelvio - they seam to be busy. I hope the car im picking up tomorrow is more pain free that this thread, worrying reading

·
Administrator
45,052 Posts
My experience of them is from 12 years ago. But they sold me a GTA on the premise that it was immaculate. Then a year later at the 1st service, they painted it as in a terrible state and needing thousands spent on it. And some of the items they pulled out as needing replacement didn't actually need replacing for another 4 years later.

Now you could paint this as them being super careful about what needed to be done to make sure it was perfect. But I'm afraid I saw it more as trying to recoup their money on the free 1 year service - or just simply listing everything they had any excuse for to maximise the service cost.

I never bothered going back to use them. The buying experience itself was pretty trouble free though, as I remember.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts