121 - 140 of 191 Posts

·
Vendor
45,291 Posts
Big chunk cut out of the block there..

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Bloody hell ! Doesnt look too good with the block cut out though and where is one of the banks going to go with that diff in the way ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hmmm, just found a GT V6 for cheap. Has no MOT and needs some work. But engine and mechanics seem sound. And it's really cheap. Maybe the perfect candidate since I'm modifying it anyway. Tempting.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I reckon you should wait and see how acab gets on.

Oh and tell him to start posting again as we wanna know how it pans out !

·
Registered
266 Posts
He has not replied to me either since he posted here. He must be busy.

But what I got from our short conversation was that a custom sump would need to be made. So I thought the photo was from the bottom of the crank case, where the sump/cover goes. If so then it is a matter if a custom sump could be made to go around the transfer case and still seal up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What do you mean? It has a part cut off. But it is not thinner. Or do you mean the thiness in the new custom sump?

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I m not familiar enough with the Busso block to know, it just looked from the picture that it was thinner, I guess that piece with the bolt holes overhangs rather than being flush.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Oh, I see what you mean now. From the angle of the photo it is difficult to see if he just cut it and that part is thinner than the top, or if he also made the wall thinner to accommodate the transfer case. I'm also not familiar with the inner works of the Busso to know.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The casing wall is thin below the flange by design. It would need a complex machined part to create a flange that a sump could seal against. The welding would require a very skilled person to achieve a good result without a huge amount of distortion. Cast aluminium is very challenging to MIG or TIG weld.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Organisations like The Welding Institute find this challenging, so unless acabs has level to that sort of expertise he would struggle.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Ok, guess he better can the whole project then I ve got his Whatsapp, you want it so you can tell him to drop it ?

Ever heard of contracting out work, or even coming up with different, outside the box solutions, Mr Negative Troll ?

121 - 140 of 191 Posts