1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Free to the guinnie pig Ned? :lol:

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
I have worked out a major improvement to the 147/156 GTA, I have not actually done it yet but I am sure it can be done. The conversion is quite expensive, 5k ish. Would anyone actually be interested in having this work done?

Ned
:eek:

If you will also Supercharge it then yes...

I feel there will be a lot of drivechain loss (probably about 20-30 BHP through the wheels)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Q4 GTA... nice idea... wheelspin on all fours is always cool, plus it allows you to drift and do small radius donuts......... 30% Front... 70% Rear... Supercharged 3.7 Autodelta motor with 422 hp... ahhh... yeah.. (stop drooling and get back to work Stephen!!)..:D

·
Registered
30,017 Posts
Surely if you could do this work you could make it 100% rear wheel drive? Now that would be an interesting return to form.
You would still have all the transmission losses because of the transverse engine.

Vauxhall tried it in the BTCC years ago, turning a Cav 4x4 into RWD. It was considerably slower than the FWD version.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
This really is fantastic news as if we all got this done we would never EVER sell our GTA's!

Personally I would rather just spend £10k and get it back with 4x4, supercharger, biger brakes, coliovers etc.

How are you going to deal with the transmission though? Won't it mean changing the interior a bit?

Show me a decent demo car with 400bhp and I will give you a call in a years time when I have saved up a deposit for a house lol!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Well I really want an out and out performance car but didn't see the point in throwing money at the alfa. Was thinking instead of doing a scooby track car in a few years. But this is a much better idea. Don't know if I would be brave enough to put my baby on a track though :(

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Ned, what sort of interest in numbers would you need to make the development financially viable?

1 - 20 of 191 Posts