Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Does the 156 exist in a 4 wheel drive version? Just curious as there is a 156 for sale on E bay stating 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought.But was thinking that perhaps Alfa had added something like the BMW ix series.

·
Registered
30,297 Posts
There were:
156 Sportwagon Q4
and
156 Crosswagon

Both LHD only, 4WD, 1.9 16v JTD & 330mm Brembo brakes.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
its a W reg and a 1.8 so its not a 4x4, its also rather expensive I hope they get a good price going by the sad story.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
its a W reg and a 1.8 so its not a 4x4, its also rather expensive I hope they get a good price going by the sad story.
This advert reminded me of when I went to India and a group of children ran over to me and handed me a poorly written letter stating that they were orphans and had nothing. Sure I felt bad but, I previously saw a man to which they gave all the money. This is a common practice and aimed at those gullible tourists who wear their heart on their sleeve, the question is; would you buy the car from its recession defying description?

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
in a word-No
In a word YES. There was a 4x4 version released on the continent with the 2.0TS or 1.9 JTD engine.

In 2004, Q4 (short for Quadrifoglio 4) four-wheel drive versions arrived to some markets, which were known as the Crosswagon Q4 and Sportwagon Q4 (both using the 1.9 L 150 PS (110 kW) JTD diesel engine). These cars were equipped with a Torsen C four-wheel drive system and raised ride heights (Crosswagon height: 1,497 mm (58.9 in), Sportwagon 1,458 mm (57.4 in). The Crosswagon version was made to look more like all-terrain vehicle; door sill aluminium protection, front and rear bumpers were equipped with aluminium inserts. The Sportwagon Q4 was a normal looking version with just slightly higher ground clearance than the front wheel drive Sportwagon

·
Registered
766 Posts
In a word YES. There was a 4x4 version released on the continent with the 2.0TS or 1.9 JTD engine.

In 2004, Q4 (short for Quadrifoglio 4) four-wheel drive versions arrived to some markets, which were known as the Crosswagon Q4 and Sportwagon Q4 (both using the 1.9 L 150 PS (110 kW) JTD diesel engine). These cars were equipped with a Torsen C four-wheel drive system and raised ride heights (Crosswagon height: 1,497 mm (58.9 in), Sportwagon 1,458 mm (57.4 in). The Crosswagon version was made to look more like all-terrain vehicle; door sill aluminium protection, front and rear bumpers were equipped with aluminium inserts. The Sportwagon Q4 was a normal looking version with just slightly higher ground clearance than the front wheel drive Sportwagon

I have seen an 04 plate and 53 plate Q4 Cosswagon 156 in Liverpool in the past 4 months. Obviously very rare.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Looks like a bog standard 1.8 TS ... probably meant to type F-Wheel drive ... guess one of the insurance quote sites would say which model but they are never 100% accurate (my Clio comes up as 80bhp when its 65!)

£4K is a lot for a W-reg though in today's 2nd hand market ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts