Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me what models of the current alfa range exactly are 4wd? my dad is looking for a new car, the only limitations being it should be smallish, ie not as big as his jag x-type, MUST be 4wd, must be diesel and auto would be nice.

looking on the alfa website its only the V6 petrols that are available with 4wd Q4 system? is this correct?

he is very tempted by the brera 2.4 JTDm but i dont think its available in 4wd?

terrible shame if its not as a powerful diesel 4wd sexy as hell car sounds so appealing!

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Brera Q4
159 Q4 I believe
Unsure of the diesel bit though - I know they can have it but in Q4 form im not sure

W

·
0 Posts
Hasn't this been mentioned here recently....[searches foggy memory]...no plans for a diesel Q4???

wrinx

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
I thought Alfa were planning to introduce 4wd versions of the Brera and 159 but they weren't out yet.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Alfa have publically stated on the new cars - no more than 200BHP through the front wheels...

So my 3.2 Brera and it's sister 159 has the Q4 4wd system

The new 3.0 diesel powerplants (the current 2.4 is 200BHP) should get it when they come probably next year for the UK tho...

159/brera is getting an auto (QTronic) at some point soon don't know about mixing it with the Q4 system - I expect that to be slooow given the power drains involved.

The 159 is bigger than the X type though...

If he would accept a Q2 system tricky LSD (rather than a true Q4 - which would cover most of his issues) the diesel 1.9JTD GT Q2 when it arrives would suit?

Simes.

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Simes said:
Alfa have publically stated on the new cars - no more than 200BHP through the front wheels...
They have also announced that there will be concessions made to this statement. In order to reduce weight, the 3.2s will also be available without Q4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts