Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Seem to be having probs selecting the above mentioned gear, I can select it but its very stiff and also coming back out, but does drive Ok It does'nt feel like the box itself, is it safe to drive without causing any damage until I can get to the alfa garage on monday ????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys had a look, can't see anything resembling your description, any chance you could give me a fools guide to accessing these, cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
on the lower picture number 4 siezes up and wont move..if you get someone to move through the gears while you look down over the steering rack it should pivot...it doesnt move much but if its not moving at all then its stuck..BTW it should pivot around the pin on the rack.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just some feedback on this one lads, Went to the alfa garage and the mechanic said that the prob was infact in the box itself, I however thought he's trying to make some more cash here, ie gearbox overhaul, not the case, he said to drive around changing gear quickly as some particles of filth, crud, ****, whatever, after the oil change had lodged on one of the shafts and would eventually come free, low and behold 300 miles later when changing from 4'th to 5'th it did, running like new now??!! wink

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
ive heard of a small peice of metal lodging in gearbox that prevents reverse being selected and mine had syncro done maybe this peice of metal was cause ? dont know where it comes from inside the box though(chipped tooth?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.