Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This may sound like a retarded question/questions, but I'm going to ask anyway..:) I've seen the 4C wheels available on some sites to purchase..

I assume most know that the 4c rims are 5x98. Do you believe it would be wise to put these rims on a gtv, or any of the Alfa's with the 5x98 spec? I've read that some people think they are too light and that they may crack due the weight differences of the cars and the positions of the engines..the 18 inch rim is 9.24kg and the 19 inch is 10.96kg..

I've seen some rims for the gtv weighing at 8.8 and 9.3kg and in are in use....so technically (hopefully) it could be ok to put the 4C rims on?

just a generic question :) I think that they would look nice on the GTV...I would have to wait about 10 years for the alfa 4C price to drop..(they are AUD 120,000 here) :)
New & Used cars for sale in Australia - carsales.com.au[Alfa%20Romeo]%29%26%28Model%3D[4C]%29%29%26%28Service%3D[Carsales]%29%29&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
With 18" wheels you need pretty low profile tyres to give clearance so the ride might be harsher. I have driven right around Australia and the roads are very smooth so might not be an issue. Wouldn't take it outback tho. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!!! yes the highways are smooth, but here in Adelaide, on general roads..it depends..
Surprisingly in the outback (or Northern Territory) there are unrestricted speed limits..but I couldn't be stuffed driving there to find out, or to get stuck out there:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts