Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI-WkHBUFN4

Firstly don't know what a Toyota is doing in this comparison - almost has nothing to do with the Cayman and Alfa.

Also why is the Alfa tested without traction control ? and outright speed of the Alfa over Porsche was never mentioned that's a major advantage over the Porsche.

Anyway each to their own. Still prefer the Alfa :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Sorry guys, I'd take the Cayman:eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm sure hundreds of prospective 4C-buyers will reconsider their orders and wish they had bought a Toyota instead. I piece of junk with crappy tires, of course THAT'S the future!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure hundreds of prospective 4C-buyers will reconsider their orders and wish they had bought a Toyota instead. I piece of junk with crappy tires, of course THAT'S the future!
Toyota !! -That's the one id buy !! :lol::lol::cheese::cheese:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Hmm gonna stick up for the GT86 a bit here as my bro owns one and as much as I don't like it in many areas, there's no denying its a pure drivers car and is fun to drive! It often gets put up with super cars and there's not a bad review on it anywhere!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm gonna stick up for the GT86 a bit here as my bro owns one and as much as I don't like it in many areas, there's no denying its a pure drivers car and is fun to drive! It often gets put up with super cars and there's not a bad review on it anywhere!

Well Im sure its getting bad reviews on the relevant Porsche and Alfa websites like this one :p

I mean would you compare the Alfa 4C with an Aventador or Enzo Ferrari ?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Well Im sure its getting bad reviews on the relevant Porsche and Alfa websites like this one :p

I mean would you compare the Alfa 4C with an Aventador or Enzo Ferrari ?
Hey don't get me wrong, I'm for the 4C, just didn't appreciate the guy calling the GT86 junk, which is just ridiculous.

The reason the GT86 was in this vid, is because it's one of the best driving cars under £100k, just like the Cayman is and that's what the 4C is trying to get crowned also. ?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably the brand name "Toyota" people object to being in this company of Alfa Porsche also

I mean if it was Peugeot or Honda or something like that ok no worries. Even if it was a Lexus would be ok.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It wasn't my meaning to offend anyone with the word "junk". Sorry for that. But the Toyota is not built to be fast, it has the tires from a Prius to conceal that it can't drift on it's own power. So it's not really a sports car and is therefore, in my opinion at least, out of place in the test this thread covers.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Also why is the Alfa tested without traction control ?
Because when you engage Race mode (for faster response, more power etc), the traction control is switched off?
The guy in 4C drives like a ***. Almost rear-ends the others.
The 4C seems like it can't be confidently drifted for the cameras like the other two cars. Perhaps as a result of not drifting, it gets through the corners faster and looks like it's going to rear-end the opposition?

Although this review explains why the Cayman is the best car and the GT86 is the most fun, I'd still like to see some laptimes for interest.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For about forty years we have known that the fastest way around a corner is to NOT go sideways. Therefore the 4C is made to go with its wheels in line. Just like it's made with a small and light turbo engine and a twin clutch transmission instead of a slower manual solution. All of this is the reason I put my money down and bought one.

When I wanna go silly I have an old school drive: Vladimir Ljadov shoots the Bull - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What I wrote in a similar thread on the same video :

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-4c/534105-topgear-4c-driven.html

The guy says the Alfa has some strong attributes but never names them. And particularly the 0-100 time of 4.5 vs the caymans 5.5 ! a full second quicker.

And around Nurburgring the 4C is equal to the Cayman S not the standard Cayman with a time of 8.04 And that is with the Cayman S using carbon ceramic brakes (Non standard?)

So the 4C would be much quicker than the standard Cayman around any track no doubt about that.

And the Toyota should not even be compared to the Alfa and Porsche, not even in the same class.

G

·
The 4C seems like it can't be confidently drifted for the cameras like the other two cars. Perhaps as a result of not drifting, it gets through the corners faster and looks like it's going to rear-end the opposition?.
Listen, each his or her own opinion, you won't hear anything from me on that.

But I and I expect all of us have now seen video's by not only Chris Harris, but also several of each : French, German, Belgian, Dutch and even Polish car magazines that all drift the rubber right off the rear tires leaving rooster tails of blue smoke and keep 4C adrift for what seems ages...

And then this vid comes in and we are to believe the car cannot drift? :lol: :D

I question the mental capacities of a road tester that tries to sell that story. They may not like the car but from that to proclaiming grass is blue and sky is green...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sports cars should be about outright speed rather than comfort. If you want something comfortable get a Range Rover or something.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Sports cars should be about outright speed rather than comfort. If you want something comfortable get a Range Rover or something.
Disagree with that unless you are minted and can have a car for specific purposes.

£50k+ for a one trick pony is a lot of wedge. £50k for a car that does it all brilliantly is reasonable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's all about priorities. Alfa is making them right with the 4C in my opinion by going all in. No soft-core Cayman but a proper toy; lightweight, noisy and to h-ll with practicalities!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts