Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm not sure what my van has to do with anything :confused:

Personally, I wouldn't want to spend £40k plus on a track weapon that looks 'pretty'. I want it to look aggressive and angry, something that says get the fook out of my way.

I have little interest in 2 seater track weapons and I don't own an anorak so I can't comment on the exact specs compared with every model on the market. All I do know is that I think, in those pics, that looks crap and if it had a Skoda badge I'm sure the fan boys wouldn't be humping their i pads.

However, it could just be that the pics aren't great and the colour doesn't suit. I always thought the GT would look great in white but when I spotted one I was massively underwhelmed.

I haven't been following the development of the 4c but in the few pics I have seen (a red colour) it looked good, but the OPs pics are a huge disappointment.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This one any better?

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
You can compare any (dis)similarity between the 4C and a MX5 with this video. Unless someone can show me a video of a stock MX5 doing the same.

Alfa Romeo 4C FULL LAP on Nürburgring [HD] (Option Auto) - YouTube
I was actually more impressed by the bloke doing a sub 10 lap in a diesel AX ("Utter hero and driving god" thread). I think the AX rattled less as well.

I am rather with "Singularity" on this one. If I wanted a stupidly fast track car, or just a stupidly impractical sports car, I'd get a VTEC Caterham or a Lotus. If I wanted a codpiece, I'd buy a Gallardo or an 8C. £50k is not codpiece territory.

I have no doubt they'll sell like hot cakes, but they don't do anything for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

To my eyes it looks fantastic, full of drama and purpose. But then I think the Cayman is a dog and the Exige is a good shape ruined by vents and intakes.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts