Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, on my way to work, coming up Houghton Hill I saw a strangely familiar but unusual roof line in the car park at the top, but no it couldnt be, must be a Lotus, but blummin hell it is! As the car came fully into view it was indeed an Alfa Romeo 4C! it was on a photo shoot with a Sunday Times reporter. Sorry to the cars behind for hitting the brakes and shooting off to the right!:lol:

It was sat with the engine ticking over, you'd like the sound coming out of your 1750 TBi!

·
Registered
24,513 Posts

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
That's the whole point of the exige etc.

You don't buy a hardcore 2 seater sports car to do the weekly shop and take the kids to school.

Maybe it doesn't suite white?

·
Registered
32,011 Posts

You don't buy a hardcore 2 seater sports car to do the weekly shop and take the kids to school.

What?
The whole point of the Exige is to be a kit car that's no good for going shopping ?

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
Is that genuine?

I have to say, that looks crap.
It looks like a toad.

Give me an exige any day over that.

What on earth are you talking about? :confused: you prefer the Exige, ok, your privilege and you have a better chance of trading the van in for one right now, but what's the weekly shop and school thing? :confused: neither 4C nor Exige is in that market.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's on Sunday, the first program of the new series:thumbs:
Maybe they'll show a glimpse of it, but it looks like the main feature is in Episode 2 on 9th Feb, according to BBC2 website.

Shame that, I was fair looking forward to seeing it on Sunday.

·
Registered
84 Posts

I agree they're both in the same class of car all I was saying is that given the choice of having a hardcore 2 seater sports car I'd always choose the one that's been designed with style and to me that's the 4C

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
What on earth are you talking about? :confused: you prefer the Exige, ok, your privilege and you have a better chance of trading the van in for one right now, but what's the weekly shop and school thing? :confused: neither 4C nor Exige is in that market.
Jim, that's exactly my point.

Someone said the exige is a glorified kit car, but that's the whole point of a hardcore 2 seater, to go fast!

Personally, I see little point in trying to make something like that 'pretty', that's not the idea of the car.

The 4c will be in direct competition with the exige, KTM X-bow etc etc. I fear that it could be branded the 'Prettiest' but behind in the performance stakes and these cars are all about performance, surely?

I've got a feeling it'll be compared with the mx5 more than serious track weapons.

Maybe I've misunderstood the market for the 4c? Is this Alfa's answer to the Audi TT?

·
Registered
32,011 Posts
Why don't you do some research before writing your opinions?
The Mx5 compared to the £50 k mid engined Alfa 4C?
Are you saying the Alfa 4C is pretty? Have you seen one ?
There's going to be a Spider Alfa based on the next Mx5 , a collaboration .
Perhaps White suites (?) your van better.

D

·
0 Posts
Maybe they'll show a glimpse of it, but it looks like the main feature is in Episode 2 on 9th Feb, according to BBC2 website.

Shame that, I was fair looking forward to seeing it on Sunday.

Chris Evans read a text from Clarkson on Friday referencing the "Alfa 4C film for Sunday "

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
45,008 Posts

Are they in the same class? They are similar price-wise, Alfa about 10% cheaper for the standard car without options than the Exige S. But the Exige S has 100bhp more than the Alfa, and weighs 400kg more. I reckon the Exige is closer to the Cayman S than the 4C. The Alfa is closer to an Elise - both approx 900kg, both with only a 4 pot all-ally motor. The Alfa is about 7K dearer than the top of the range Elise, but that 7K gets you 20bhp more, a carbon chassis, pretty looks and a much nicer cabin.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts