Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Any idea whether the upgrade below will work on a 2011 GQV 235 cv? They are both KKK K04...

ALFA ROMEO 4C 240CV 380CV

BR;

Can

·
Registered
224 Posts
What has been modified on the 4C turbo? Is there really any advantage putting a 4C turbo into an older GQV? From what I gather the main improvements of the newer engine over the addition of a TCT gearbox without any weight gains thanks to a lighter engine design.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pretty sure its the same turbo as the QV. the new TCT QV is the same engine and GB.
this is not a standard 4c turbo it has been modified with bigger turbines, 360 degree thrust washers
larger inlet and exhaust turbo ports and different geometry turbines , modified oil feeds to turbine shafts,
according to the description its good for 380 BHP. would be nice to see one fitted to see what it cam do do

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It can break your gearbox pretty quickly I would assume! :)
Hi,

With the standard boost it can give up to 340- 350 HP without a problem. If you push beyond that then there is a risk of breaking an internal or the gearbox... I am seriously thinking about this upgrade. It will cost around 1100 Euros (including a new turbo and modificaitons)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi,

With the standard boost it can give up to 340- 350 HP without a problem. If you push beyond that then there is a risk of breaking an internal or the gearbox... I am seriously thinking about this upgrade. It will cost around 1100 Euros (including a new turbo and modificaitons)
I think the torque will be a bigger problem for your gearbox. It must be quite high if the car is making around 350 hp, unless you plan to raise the revlimit a whole lot?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Need to be careful and watch tempretures as if they build up too high will cause
ECU to shut boost off
may fitting the turbo upgrade and good engine map is the way to go

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think the torque will be a bigger problem for your gearbox. It must be quite high if the car is making around 350 hp, unless you plan to raise the revlimit a whole lot?
Yes, I suspect the increased torque will severely decrease the life of the clutch!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I hope you fit it to your car tough! :) I would love to hear if you can get it working!
But I personally would be very nervous for my clutch and gearbox!
I have a modified GQV which is measured to have 290 hp and 420 nm. I would love to go higher in power but I honestly don't think the paper mache gearbox will take it for long if I do...

·
Registered
166 Posts
The gearbox has been tested for 300+hp by many and covered thousands of miles with no issues. Therefore dont worry about the gearbox. Torque can also be limited by ecu programming by utilising the stock ECU torque limiters. The turbocharger in the 4c is exactly the same as in the QV. 900 euros is just the cost of the upgrade. If you want a complete new turbo with this upgrade its going to cost a lot more :)
However this should be a nice upgrade indeed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts