Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gutted to find this week that the 4C coupe is now out of production.

Have been trying to purchase a new coupe in the UK over the last week. I noticed the coupe now no longer appears on the official UK Alfa website: just the spider does. After calling a couple of Alfa dealers, I was told the coupe was now out of production and they could not tell me whether production would restart. A call to Alfa Romeo customer services and an e-mail exchange with FCA Group UK today confirmed "the 4C has now finished production". Apparently last orders for the coupe were in March this year, at least in the UK. There are a limited number of spiders still available.

I was however made aware that Alfa's next five year plan will be announced on 1st June, and there may be more information on the future product line-up. Perhaps the unavailability is down to a run out of the current model to make way for an overhauled 4C rumoured for the end of 2018? Here's hoping.

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
Maybe it's not the emissions that are the problem:
"Fiat Chrysler Automobiles confirmed to Autocar that the car's future is in question, with CEO Sergio Marchionne saying: "The 4C has some technical limitations in terms of type approval outside the US and Europe, so it has a limited future, as it will no longer be possible to register it and have it approved. For structural reasons, because of the monocoque".
It's structural then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts