Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alfa 4C beats Aston to concept car award | Autocar

Alfa 4C beats Aston to concept car award
The Alfa Romeo 4C has won the prestigious concept car award at the Villa d'Este Concours d'Elegance
The Alfa Romeo 4C has won the prestigious concept car award at the Villa d'Este Concours d'Elegance.

The victory for the 4C is particularly noteworthy as means it pipped the Aston Martin Project AM310 concept car to the award. The Aston project shows the look of the new DBS, which is due to go on sale next year. Last year, Aston won the event with its Zagato concept.

Alfa’s 4C was originally planned to make production next year, but it is now expected to be launched at the Detroit motor show in 2014 to promote the brand’s return to the US market.

The 4C will head a range that is set to grow over the next two years to include the five-door Mito, new Spider, Giulia saloon and estate (to replace the 159 range), a new compact SUV and the new 6C flagship saloon. A new Alfa Spider, based on the next generation Mazda MX-5, will be launched in 2015.

The 4C is expected to be powered by a new 230bhp version of Alfa’s 1750 turbo petrol engine.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The 4C looks lovely in that new paint scheme (not the one shown in the article) :cool: It looks like 'rosso competizione', ie the 8C's lovely darkish red paint.

Good to see it beat the Aston too :D

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Alfa 4C beats Aston to concept car award | Autocar

Alfa 4C beats Aston to concept car award
The Alfa Romeo 4C has won the prestigious concept car award at the Villa d'Este Concours d'Elegance
The Alfa Romeo 4C has won the prestigious concept car award at the Villa d'Este Concours d'Elegance.

The victory for the 4C is particularly noteworthy as means it pipped the Aston Martin Project AM310 concept car to the award. The Aston project shows the look of the new DBS, which is due to go on sale next year. Last year, Aston won the event with its Zagato concept.

Alfa’s 4C was originally planned to make production next year, but it is now expected to be launched at the Detroit motor show in 2014 to promote the brand’s return to the US market.

The 4C will head a range that is set to grow over the next two years to include the five-door Mito, new Spider, Giulia saloon and estate (to replace the 159 range), a new compact SUV and the new 6C flagship saloon. A new Alfa Spider, based on the next generation Mazda MX-5, will be launched in 2015.

The 4C is expected to be powered by a new 230bhp version of Alfa’s 1750 turbo petrol engine.
The new aluminium alloy 1.8 MA will be able to deliver 300bhp. Whether the 4C gets this power remains to be seen.

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
The new aluminium alloy 1.8 MA will be able to deliver 300bhp. Whether the 4C gets this power remains to be seen.
Id like to see it with the new 1.8 MA engine. Imagine you in the car doing 0-100 in under 5 seconds and have all that power (300bhp) behind you :eek: :eek:
Id love that! :D
Id also love if i was on a red light and a clever guy came next to me for a drag race. Id put my window down and tell him 'taste my smoke' :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm definitely getting one... But will probably have to sell the Giulietta if I want to afford it :(

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Id like to see it with the new 1.8 MA engine. Imagine you in the car doing 0-100 in under 5 seconds and have all that power (300bhp) behind you :eek: :eek:
Id love that! :D
Id also love if i was on a red light and a clever guy came next to me for a drag race. Id put my window down and tell him 'taste my smoke' :D
The 4C will be fitted with the new 1.8 MA engine, as the aluminium alloy block is 25kg lighter than the current 1750, all contributing to the project weight target:thumbs:

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
I'm definitely getting one... But will probably have to sell the Giulietta if I want to afford it :(
I so much wana get one too but i dont think i will be able to afford it :( Unless if a miracle happens :p I love the car so much :cry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts