Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever come across these yet and what were they fitted to? I just bought a pair as spares and can't find anything conclusive on the net.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Will need to check when I get home tonight, but the original carbs on my ex Brits 116 Giulietta are, I think, DCOE 130 and 131. They are lying in the garage as the car currently has a nice set of low mileage, re-furbished Dellorto DRLAs fitted.
I'll check the numbers tonight and post here.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, dcystar. I have 138 and 139 on at the moment (which is what many 116s here came with), but want to know if the jets are compatible.

J

·
0 Posts
Will need to check when I get home tonight, but the original carbs on my ex Brits 116 Giulietta are, I think, DCOE 130 and 131. They are lying in the garage as the car currently has a nice set of low mileage, re-furbished Dellorto DRLAs fitted.
I'll check the numbers tonight and post here.
Yes, I can confirm this. These are the carbs fitted to the 116 series of Giuliettas.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, gentlemen. I took them apart yesterday and they are very similar to the dcoe138 and 139 (both later 'emissions' carbs). There are some differences in the jetting though. The air correctors on the 130/131 are 2.00 instead of 1.60, idle jets 57f21 instead of 55f21 and mains which are 120 instead of 138. The ET's, starter jets, venturies and aux venturies are identical.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
compare the emulsion tubes as well. Note how the holes is spread over the length. 'Normal' tube have holes closer to each other on the one side.

During the period we could only do 80km/h due to fuel restrictions, the Alfas came out with a emulsion tube that holes that were equally spread over the tube. These do not work as well for performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts