Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GT failed the MOT today, guttered. Failed on the upper near side suspension bush deteriorated and rear pads. Interesting as I have never changed the front pads yet and the car has done 74K. Mark at Mototech has given me a great price to do the work and it's scheduled service as well so at least will be sorted for winter.

Yet again tho, week before Christmas and Alfa cost me a fortune again.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
part of the upkeep of a gt or anyother car.......my 55 gt went straight through.....but i had done top wishbones in the spring and serviced brakes in the summer

nowt to worry about with them 2 items mate.........:)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Just to give some balance, our 55 plate 80k 3.2 always sails through its mot's.

Only advisories ever were for the rear HB cables (common) & a technical fail for a Club sticker in the front window (advisory again).

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose I forget with the mileage I'm accumulating it's effectively a 6 or 7 year old car. Will get Mark to have a look at far side bush as well in case that's nearing the end of its life too. Still feels solid to drive tho with no obvious creeks or groans.

·
Banned
857 Posts
Sorry for my impatient tone but I am getting a bit fed up with the melodramatic 'failed MOT' posts of late. A wishbone is £20 and rear pads are about £16, and for a 74,000 car that is pretty damned good. Grow a pair, count your blessings instead of looking for tea and sympathy

Also, 'guttered' up here is a colloquial term for being drunk. I think you meant 'gutted'.

L

·
0 Posts
you won;t buy a good upper wishbone for £20, more like £50, pads are approx £16 alright. Both are easy to replace, even as a DIY job.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Sorry for my impatient tone but I am getting a bit fed up with the melodramatic 'failed MOT' posts of late. A wishbone is £20 and rear pads are about £16, and for a 74,000 car that is pretty damned good. Grow a pair, count your blessings instead of looking for tea and sympathy

Also, 'guttered' up here is a colloquial term for being drunk. I think you meant 'gutted'.
I agree! They are wear and tear items, at least your car hasn't failed because it needs a new engine! :thumbs:

·
Registered
513 Posts

I agree as well, but I thought he was on the way out to get guttered!:lol:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Er i'l consider myself told then chaps...... I'l keep stum from now on then and grow some preverbials.

On a better note the GT will be getting clayed on Sunday weather permitting.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Nice one Paul :thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts