Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the 4 wheel tracking is it best to sort out the suspension beforehand? And will you need the car tracked when replacing the tires?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I look forward to it, the handling is definitely 'loose'.

Do you notice a tighter feeling in the steering after the tracking has been corrected, or is that more to do with the suspension?

I'm going to order the upper wishbones & drop links soon.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
666 Posts
With the 4 wheel tracking is it best to sort out the suspension beforehand?
Yes, anytime you change a suspension part you should get the tracking done again. Any new part can throw out the settings, as can the work of replacing the said parts.

And will you need the car tracked when replacing the tires?
Technically no, but it's probably worth doing anyway unless you've done the tracking recently. I'd normally get it done every 6 months, but that's manly because there's more potholes on these roads here in the Emerald Isle than there is actual road surface.

Would also be worth doing if you accidently hit a large pothole.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, anytime you change a suspension part you should get the tracking done again. Any new part can throw out the settings, as can the work of replacing the said parts.

Technically no, but it's probably worth doing anyway unless you've done the tracking recently. I'd normally get it done every 6 months, but that's manly because there's more potholes on these roads here in the Emerald Isle than there is actual road surface.

Would also be worth doing if you accidently hit a large pothole.
Thanks mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts