Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my recent problems with tyre wear on the inner edge, I've decided to go ahead with a 4 wheel laser alignment. The dealer wants to charge me 130 quid for the pleasure. Is this too much or about right?

If not can anyone recommend any place in the South East (London/Kent/Essex etc) that could do it and what are the suggested settings I should be asking for?

thanks for your help!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd reccomend Auto City in Northolt. 020 8839 9999. I had my Brera done there - I think it was £60 on top of the new tyres. A mate had his 155 done there, which needed quite a bit of tweaking, and that was £75. So 130 sounds steep to me.

HTH

·
Registered
841 Posts
Wow. Afraid im in notts but I got mine done for £20 (And yes it was 4 wheel laser alignment) at ETS. The main delaer wanted £80 or £90 - to do a flipping alignment :eek:
Shop around as it made a big difference to the drive on mine and at nearly £200 a pop you dont want to eat the tyres too fast.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Forgot to say it was £20 per axle but they checked both and only my fronts needed doing. Apparently on laser the computer does it all so talking about toe in, toe out etc is irrelevant. They slap the stuff on the car and it adjusts it all to optiumum. I may be talking cr*p but thats what they told me and it made mine drive so much better. (Apparently it was way out - all the speed bumps no doubt)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Main dealer did mine for free and Alfa agreed to fund replacement tyres at 9k (£420 for a pair of PZN's).

Don't pay it, it should be for free:tut:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AR won't have any of it, already tried, so funding this myself. Is the alignment straightforward or do I need to go in clutching some specific settings to use.

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
Forgot to say it was £20 per axle but they checked both and only my fronts needed doing. Apparently on laser the computer does it all so talking about toe in, toe out etc is irrelevant. They slap the stuff on the car and it adjusts it all to optiumum. I may be talking cr*p but thats what they told me and it made mine drive so much better. (Apparently it was way out - all the speed bumps no doubt)
The computer doesn't make any adjustments, it just tells the mechanic which way to adjust it.
The quoted toe settings are still very relevant.
The only adjustments available on a 159/Brera are front & rear toe and rear camber and that is all their magic computer can tell them to adjust too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts