Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new owner of a 1.4 MA how close an eye do I need to keep on the oil level? is it like the old TS which needed constant attention or like my old 2.4D which never used a drop in 3 years.:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I bought my 1.4 MA TCT 18 months ago I was told to watch the oil consumption and the salesman was very particular in giving me a little bag with some spare oil in it. I have kept an eye on it and it hasn't used a drop in all that time! Mind you Alfa designed their dipstick to be very difficult to read so you never really know how much oil is in it anyway.
Good luck with yours

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I bought my 1.4 MA TCT 18 months ago I was told to watch the oil consumption and the salesman was very particular in giving me a little bag with some spare oil in it. I have kept an eye on it and it hasn't used a drop in all that time! Mind you Alfa designed their dipstick to be very difficult to read so you never really know how much oil is in it anyway.
Good luck with yours
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
31 Posts
1.4MA manual. 3years. 42k miles. No top ups between services required. Habit of checking regularly though as I've also had experience of the Twin Sparks!
Pseudoguru is right to criticise the dip stick though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts