Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new member with the inevitable questions...

.... I have a holding deposit on a 2017 Giulia Veloce and all being well will be back in the fold (this will be my 4th Alfa) after a spell away....

Its a late '67 plate (December) and the dealer (not a main dealer) has told me that the balance of the original warranty remains until December 2020.

I know that this is 3rd year is an insurance backed warranty, the 'dealer' warranty. My local area seems to be a bit of a black hole for Alfa dealers. There was one, but they lost the franchise a few years ago, the new one just seems to have Alfa tacked onto Fiat/Jeep and basically seems to sell those alongside Nissans, which i think must be the bulk of their business. I'm not convinced Alfas are a big focus for them, judging by the used stock! I didn't even know it was there, they don't advertise anything other than the Nissans!

Anyway - can this warranty be used anywhere, just at Alfa dealers, or just at the specific dealer that sold the car new? And i assume it follows the car, its not something i need to register?

I'm asking as if its not something i can use easily locally, I'll need to look at alternative warranty covers.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The warranty is actually an insurance policy, and the documentation will confirm where and how it can be used. I believe there's legislation which prevents warranties restricting you to a main dealer, but of course the insurers can be awkward without actually insisting on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The warranty is actually an insurance policy, and the documentation will confirm where and how it can be used. I believe there's legislation which prevents warranties restricting you to a main dealer, but of course the insurers can be awkward without actually insisting on it.
Thanks... something to quiz the dealer on then

1 - 3 of 3 Posts