Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very happy.....3rd year running my GTV has passed the MoT test with no advisories. In that time the only faulty item I have had to replace is a thermostat.......so to anyone that says that Alfas are a money pit and unreliable all I can say is......:finger:

My only disappointment is that all 3 years I have only got a pass.........I keep seeing other members saying theirs have passed with flying colours......so what do I need to do to achieve the flag flying..........:lol:

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Good grief,dont advertise Alfas relieabilty,think of the second hand values!!!
you've gone and done it now, look at 159 residuals against the equivalent mondeo..:lol:

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Got my fourth MOT with Charlotte in august, I always get my flying colours, but I know the MOT guy ;0)

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I have always said it, look after your Alfa and it will look after you. Nice one Stu.

·
Registered
566 Posts
My strategy is to undertake pre-emptive work as advised by the garage who services it. This year it will be serviced, new lower front wishbones, front brake hoses and handbrake cables, before I take it for the MOT!!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Very happy.....3rd year running my GTV has passed the MoT test with no advisories. In that time the only faulty item I have had to replace is a thermostat.......so to anyone that says that Alfas are a money pit and unreliable all I can say is......:finger:

My only disappointment is that all 3 years I have only got a pass.........I keep seeing other members saying theirs have passed with flying colours......so what do I need to do to achieve the flag flying..........:lol:
Excellent news Stu - do you use your car every day?

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Starkers......do about 7k a year...only time I dont drive her is in the snow or for a week or so after to avoid the salt....:thumbs:

A

·
0 Posts
Mine did the same for the first three years....

Just cost me a grand to get it through year four!!!

Never celebrate will only kick you up the bum next year - or am I being to cynical ??

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Good man!!! Glad to hear it, I'm fed up hearing how unreliable Alfa's are. My cars have no more problems than my brothers / fathers (Audi / Seat) which are about the same year. And I'd rather drive mine!! :) The only problems I have had were from neglect from previous owners!!

Look after your car and it will be good to you!! :thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts